The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from Gene

Thread: The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from Gene

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from Gene

The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from Generations I ...

The Speed Gamers will begin their third Pokémon marathon March 11th at 6PM Central, raising money for the ALS Association. The Texas-based group will attempt to catch all 251 Pokémon available in the first two generations within 72 hours.

Read more on Bulbanews

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from

It's not going to take very long for them. Just abuse as many glitches as possible.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Speed Gamers to host third Pokémon marathon for charity: Handheld games from

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    It's not going to take very long for them. Just abuse as many glitches as possible.
    I think it's 72 hours without abusing glitches.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only 1 problem: You can't catch all 251 without glitching. Celebi with the cloning egg trick, and mew with that one infamous glitch.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only 1 problem: You can't catch all 251 without glitching. Celebi with the cloning egg trick, and mew with that one infamous glitch.
    Precisely, it's physically impossible to get them legit unless you go back over a decade and recreate the events..

Blog Entries

It should take way less than 72 hours to catch all of the 251 of first and second gens. I think it's possible to do it only using four games. One to hold a Mew and Celebi ready to transfer, since I think they did that when they tried to catch all 493 at the end of the fourth gen, Yellow, Gold, and Silver (unless some of it can be done easier with Crystal, which I'm not aware if it can) I'd be surprised if they have a cart with the original event pokes on them, but if using the glitches is the only way, I suppose they have no choice. I know I caught all of the original 151 (I used the Mew glitch) between Yellow and Silver, so I know that at least is possible.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 9th March 2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    It should take way less than 72 hours to catch all of the 251 of first and second gens. I think it's possible to do it only using four games. One to hold a Mew and Celebi ready to transfer, since I think they did that when they tried to catch all 493 at the end of the fourth gen, Yellow, Gold, and Silver (unless some of it can be done easier with Crystal, which I'm not aware if it can) I'd be surprised if they have a cart with the original event pokes on them, but if using the glitches is the only way, I suppose they have no choice. I know I caught all of the original 151 (I used the Mew glitch) between Yellow and Silver, so I know that at least is possible.
    I think they mean 251 Pokemon as in each Pokemon on one game. For Example, If they captured a Pikachu they would evolve one and keep another as a Pikachu.

TSG is going to glitch for the ones that have NO legit way to get them, like Mew.

For everything else, they are going to go catch it like regular, and have a copy of each one. For example, they are going to catch 3 Dratinis. One will become Dragonite, another Dragonair, and the last will stay the same.

Blog Entries

So they're going to play Red and Blue along with Gold and Silver or use Yellow and Crystal along with the other 2

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I think things like this are pretty cool -- you get to play pokemon games for charity!! :D

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I recall correctly, last time they did a Pokemon marathon they abused a few glitches to get everything so it is likely that it will happen again.

Either that or they are going to change their recount right before the start.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^