The Speed Gamers capture 493 Pokémon: Began late and finished with moments to spare

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Speed Gamers capture 493 Pokémon: Began late and finished with moments to spare

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Speed Gamers capture 493 Pokémon: Went slightly above 72 hours

The Speed Gamers capture 493 Pokémon: Went slightly above 72 hours

The Speed Gamers finished its second Pokémon marathon today. This time, the members of the group managed to capture all 493 Pokémon; however, they went slightly above their goal of 72 hours. Donations for this marathon will go to Ally's House, a charity that helps families struggling to cope with children who have cancer, and they can still be made until Christmas eve.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by Kogoro; 22nd December 2009 at 01:38 PM.

Default Re: The Speed Gamers capture 493 Pokémon: Went slightly above 72 hours

I can't wait for the next pokemon marathon but that will be in sometime in 2011/2012 since this time in december of 2010 they will be doing kingdom heart marathon.

But good job TGS!
    Last edited by Tf916; 22nd December 2009 at 01:32 AM.

Blog Entries

They actually started late so they did catch 'em all in 72 hours, but w/e they surpassed their goal of getting $15,000 for Ally's House.

Edit: Tc26 they showed the trailer for the next year's marathons when they reached $5,000 during the Pokemon marathon, not after. Just saying. I put it in the talk page
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Hey, over or not they still made a lot. Go speed gamers, go!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

It's still a big accomplishment. Grats speed gamers.
    [ Rest in Peace, Takeshi Shudo ]

Awesome banner made by BlazaKing EX, thanks:)

NintendoLand Castle, NintendoLand (or Phoenix, AZ)

That event was full of win.
    <under construction>

Certainly an accomplishment for such a worthy cause. Congrats Speed Gamers.

[insert user title here] ☆TobyTse99☆'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really wanted the PMD series to exclusively send one Pokémon to the main series for I really liked PMD and it seems to me that it is pointless to play a spin-off without getting exclusive Pokémon...

Anyway, without playing my favourite games, this is a big achievement, both the money and the capture! I am really impressed how they do it day and night nonstop! I am really touched that when everyone was supposed to be asleep, (I am in GMT+8 zone) there came the speed gamers awake and alive! lol
    Aim FAIL

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Congrats. I remember last year when they played Collusium and battled the 100 trainers, but they did it wrong and wasted like five hours...

Time for a role reversal! ASecondOpinion1501's Avatar

This news article is horribly inaccurate.
    No offense, but is it really that hard to make sure you get your news correct before publishing. You've put so many errors into this news article - How can I be sure your other articles are factually accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by News Article
    however, they went slightly above their goal of 72 hours.
    No, they started late. 20 minutes late, in fact (Due to technical problems with the streaming). They started at about 00:20 GMT and then ended Tuesday morning at 00:07 GMT. Therefore, they are UNDER the 72 hours.

Donations can still be made until Christmas day.
    Time zones may throw this argument off, but according to their ChipIn Widget, it's Christmas Eve when donations finish.

After their marathon, the group posted a video containing their marathons for 2010
    They showed the video once the $5,000 mark was reached.

And there were other errors that users have highlighted on the talk page, but still... Should a News Article be published as fact if it's not actually fully known by the person who wrote it?
    Last edited by ASecondOpinion1501; 22nd December 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

News articles posted by writers and higher are automatically published to the front page, leaving editing and such unavailable to normal users. I've fixed everything that I can validate to be true, however I was not there at the start of the marathon and all I heard during the event was them being 2 minutes late. I will be talking to Britt soon and I will be sure to check our facts with him.

Otherwise, don't hate on Tc. He's one of our best contributors on Bulbanews and we would surely be in a much sorrier state without his articles. Even the BBC gets their info wrong sometimes. Things should be better now that I've had at it.

Time for a role reversal! ASecondOpinion1501's Avatar

I'm not hating on "Tc". Not at all.
    I just think it'd be better to either leave out information that the writer doesn't know for certain, or to put some form of template_Tag (Or something) indicating that it's an article in progress and that some things stated may not be fully true...

-- And unlike the BBC, I'm glad you have listened to my corrections. The BBC never seem to :|

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It's great to hear that the marathon helped alot of those in need!

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

wow weel done speed gamers
    i hope you made plenty of money!

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

It's a truly amazing achievement, even if it went slightly over time (or, according to some people on this thread, didn't). And knowing all the money raised goes to people in need makes it all the better. Very well done to the whole Speed Gamers team!
    i haven't changed this signature for like sixteen years
    i guess i'll put a link to that fic i'm planning on doing one day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast