Some UK stores tying Meloetta event to pre-orders?: Some reports have come in that so - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Some UK stores tying Meloetta event to pre-orders?: Some reports have come in that so

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Some UK stores tying Meloetta event to pre-orders?: Some reports have come in tha

Quote Originally Posted by N-Pie View Post
    It's been a while since I pre-ordered anything from GAME, but when I have done so in the past they don't take a deposit. If they say you need to pre-order then make the pre-order and just don't bother picking the game up.
    You have to make a £5 deposit now.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Some UK stores tying Meloetta event to pre-orders?: Some reports have come in tha

What kind of a fuckery is GameStop trying to pull first they try and jip you out of your money when you trade in games and now they want to charge you for downloading a Pokémon they really need to get there shit together. First of all how stupid are the employee's that they are not informed it's FREE I mean the damn pamphlets they give out say nothing about a pre-order neither does Pokémon.com which is what really counts. Secondly if the stores are doing this just because they feel like it why isn't anyone reporting it either to Twitter or the official website itself because I'm pretty sure they can get in trouble. Luckily the GameStop's in my area aren't this way and are fully informed it's free.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    What kind of a fuckery is GameStop trying to pull first they try and jip you out of your money when you trade in games and now they want to charge you for downloading a Pokémon they really need to get there shit together. First of all how stupid are the employee's that they are not informed it's FREE I mean the damn pamphlets they give out say nothing about a pre-order neither does Pokémon.com which is what really counts. Secondly if the stores are doing this just because they feel like it why isn't anyone reporting it either to Twitter or the official website itself because I'm pretty sure they can get in trouble. Luckily the GameStop's in my area aren't this way and are fully informed it's free.
    GAME, not GameStop, and in the UK. We don't really have GameStop in the UK (though I have seen 1 store, in Birmingham). The issue seems to have been resolved anyhow.
    Joshawott and Water Max like this.

Can't be bothered for a preorder...
    I need to wait until my eBay listings have been bought by someone xD
    They finish Saturday.
    Official PMD addict.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    My local game said it was only with preorder of x&y. So I pre ordered X&Y. Game needs to make money off these somehow, so what i'd buy it anyway.

No idea why they get vilified for trying to get some pre orders from it every time. I find it terrible that ppl happy to go in get a freebie then buy the game online from an offshore none tax paying website that doesnt run any promotions or employ anyone in the uk (hi amazon) just to save couple of quid.
    I'm sorry, what! I had to register to reply to this post.

First of all Nintendo pay everything for this. They pay for the cartridge to be created, they pay for distribution, they create the promotional assets and they pay a bit to GAME to get them onside. The only thing it costs GAME is the electricity to run the distribution DS.

I'm not sure why you'd even speak if you don't know the full truth about this. They don't NEED to make money off it, it's what is called a "promotional event". It brings people into the shop and they know full well the percentage of people who will buy something after (tiny).

When I went into my local GAME (Manchester) they said they were unsure about the event, that one person thought you had to preorder to get the Pokemon. I pulled up the email I got from Nintendo claiming that no pre-order was necessary. I called them out for it "lying to customers". They went red from embarrassment.

If they require a preorder they are scamming you. Contact Nintendo directly if this affects you, phone the GAME HQ, call them out for it on Twitter. Game are breaking the rules of the promo if they do this, and it's also possible there could be a fine attached (if it's anything like the promos I've worked on in the past).

If anyone would like to preorder X and Y might I suggest Shopto? UK based (so it will sit nice with Codface's morals ), free next day delivery, money isn't taken out until dispatch, dispatched 2 days before launch (always get the day before) plus a very good reward system. I hear their boss is an idiot (he spoke out once on Twitter, all hell broke loose) but I'm willing to forgive that for their service. I've never preordered from Amazon but I know their next-day delivery isn't free. I put my preorder down there as soon as I could. When the GAME guy tried to con me into preordering X or Y to get the Pokemon I laughed and explained I already had a cheaper order that would arrive a day before launch. And given how financially unstable GAME are you think I'd put any money down at their stores?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12