Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with purc
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with purc

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with purc

Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with purchase of ...

On specially marked Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 games at Walmart stores in the US, there is a code for Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup that can be entered in the Pokémon Global Link promotions page to obtain obtain one of the Sinnoh starter Pokémon.

Read more on Bulbanews

Post Thanks / Like

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with

And of course, they just HAD to pick the starters that are actually better with their normal abilities. Seriously, the Hoenn starters would have been supreme candidates for this!

OK, OK, so maybe I'm just too lazy to find a Speed Bost Torchic myself, but still... >.<

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sinnoh starters with their Hidden Abilities event announced: Code available with

I groaned when I read it was for Walmart purchases. Really? They can't put it on the Dream World, wifi, or even Toys R Us local network?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's nice.

Let's just go ahead and forget everyone who was loyal and went to buy it on the release date. >.>

Silly us, we should have had the foresight to see waiting two months to buy it would have benefits. :3
    Last edited by Peakworthy; 7th December 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What bites even more is that we can only choose ONE of the three per PGL registered game card, and you can only have one B2 and W2 registered, which means we're only allowed two different Starters at most. That's almost mean. Throw in the Walmart purchase part and you've got a recipe for major frustration. Also, it has to be "participating" Walmarts, which means not every Walmart will be doing it. *sigh*

Sadly, though, I may just go ahead and buy one at one of my Walmarts (and hope at least one of them is participating in it) just to have. Then I'll trade in the extra game at my local GameStop for some store credit for a later purchase. After all, regardless, a DW Starter is still a DW Starter, even though the Sinnoh group does do better with the basic Abilities vs. DW Abilities.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Post Thanks / Like

I assume this is gonna be like the Lucario thing with the unique one-time codes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

cool! now all we need is the Unova Starters (I want my Contrary Serperior damnit!)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Post Thanks / Like

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Kanto starters: Chlorophyll Venusaur. Cool.
    Johto starters: Sheer Force Feraligatr. Epic.
    Hoenn starters: Speed Boost Blaziken. Awesome.
    Sinnoh starters: Iron Fist Infernape. For the love of Arceus, Infernape doesn't have a movepool that can effectively use Iron Fist and it has much better options to use with Blaze.
    Unova starters: Contrary Serperior. Good.

Out of all the avalible starters, could they have seriously made a worse choice?

Unisonant Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Did anyone mention that the starter is supposedly picked at random?

Can't even breed it.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    Did anyone mention that the starter is supposedly picked at random?

Can't even breed it.
    No, they're not at random, thankfully. That would be a major screwball for us if it was. According to the PGL, if you enter the code, you then get to choose which one of the three you want, but you can only choose one per registered game card. So you do get the option of picking which one you want, and you might be able to breed it (genders are not defined here, so I guess like any DW Mon, it can be either male or female), but it's still not the best deal.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I groaned when I read it was for Walmart purchases. Really? They can't put it on the Dream World, wifi, or even Toys R Us local network?
    This. But only DW or Wi-fi for me, there are no in-store downloads here.
    I'm surprised the hidden ability starters even made it outside of Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post
    I assume this is gonna be like the Lucario thing with the unique one-time codes?
    I hope its like Lucario, because then everyone else around the world got it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    For the love of Arceus, Infernape doesn't have a movepool that can effectively use Iron Fist
    Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch. I'd say that's pretty good to he honest.

Back on topic though, this is really frustrating. It's like the Amazon Lightningrod Pikachu. Even though I pre-ordered my W2 from Amazon, I didn't get anything, when I think I should have. (Luckily I got the code from when B2 was purchased)

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Ugh I really like these events but I dont want to buy another copy of B2W2 to get it, very frustrating.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, I have an idea, unless Wal-mart uses those boxes that only open at checkout (idk if it does).

1. Go to Wal-mart, with a notebook or pretty much anything you can write on.
    2. Making sure nobody is looking, open the box.
    3. Take down the code.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.

If they stop you at checkout because they saw you on the camera, calmly explain that Game Freak are starting to get really gimmicky with trying to sell their games, and you aren't falling for it any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast