Shiny Creation Trio events confirmed for US and EU. ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiny Creation Trio events confirmed for US and EU. ...

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Shiny Creation Trio events confirmed for US and EU. ...

Here's what I hope for

-Useful unlearnable moves
    -Not nature locked(aren't most shiny events though?)
    - Not level 100(Even though they can still be EV trained in 5th gen thanks to the new mechanics)

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Once again, an event that isn't using Wifi...

It is stupid. Wifi= right at my home. Gamestop= several miles from my home. They better stop with all the in-store events come gen VI. I am tired of driving out of town just for a pokemon.

Sorry, my post turned into a rant, but it is completely supid how they refuse to do all of these over wifi

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Why? Having these at stores are basically advertising the new games at that store and are telling people to come there to buy them. Ever heard of you win some and lose some?

X does Y WITH AUTHORITY! fenyx4's Avatar

Visit fenyx4's Youtube Channel

Aaaaugh...Shiny Giratina has mesmerized me for so long, and now I'm likely going to miss this event as I don't own BW or B2W2. Still, I love how Shiny Giratina's getting a lot of love compared to its brethren Shiny colorations (as Giratina's Shiny sprite looks radically different to the normal sprite, compared to the Shiny sprites for Dialga/Palkia which seemingly resemble just lighter-shaded/darker-shaded variants of the respective normal sprites).

Good job on offering the event for all of the Generation 5 handheld main series games, not just B2W2 simply because they're "newer". Although I'm wondering why the DPPt Dragon mascots were chosen at all; you would think the shiny forms of the 'newer' Reshiram or Zekrom (since shiny forms of those 2 Pokemon are apparently impossible to legitimately obtain in-game) would be promoted instead. I'm guessing the Sinnoh dragons were offered because of their limited availability in Generation 5 (as in, not at all sans Dream Radar, events, and/or hacking) compared to the slightly more available Tao Dragon Trio (each available twice in some form). Red Genesect (and maybe a 'Normal Forme' Mewtwo) would've made much more sense IMO, due to the numerous tie-ins plus the upcoming English dub of the ExtremeSpeed Genesect movie... I suspect that we'll probably be getting a Mewtwo in XY anyway because it doesn't make much sense to introduce a new Forme prior to the game's release without making the relevant Pokemon obtainable in-game, but Deoxys (got 2 new Formes in FR/LG when it was promoted a little more, plus the Speed Forme when Emerald was released, yet is unobtainable in-game in any handheld main series Generation 3 game) begs to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Once again, an event that isn't using Wifi...

It is stupid. Wifi= right at my home. Gamestop= several miles from my home. They better stop with all the in-store events come gen VI. I am tired of driving out of town just for a pokemon.

Sorry, my post turned into a rant, but it is completely supid how they refuse to do all of these over wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Why? Having these at stores are basically advertising the new games at that store and are telling people to come there to buy them. Ever heard of you win some and lose some?
    Honestly, in this age of Wi-Fi and Pokemon, couldn't Nintendo/Game Freak just do the distribution both ways? Not everyone has Wi-Fi readily available and some people may have to travel far to reach a game store (farther, if it's limited to a particular chain such as GameStop), and I don't see the harm in offering the distribution both ways. I mean, I would think that if you find out about said in-store distribution from an online news outlet, you would already know about the existence of Pokemon X and Y anyway. And Giratina's U.S. distribution time period is the only one (in my opinion, at least) that works well, as it overlaps with the release of XY (Sept. 30, 2013 - Oct. 20, 2013, overlapping with Oct. 12, 2013).

Additionally, with the "simultaneous worldwide release" and "multiple languages" facets of XY being mentioned frequently, it appears that Nintendo and Game Freak are trying to make XY more accessible to fans, so if the 'Sinnoh dragon trio' distribution is being used to advertise/encourage the purchase of said games, you might as well make the event itself accessible to as many users as possible for as long as you can (apparently, the U.K. distribution time periods are overall shorter than the U.S. ones, and then there's the areas that might not be getting such an in-store distribution at all).

I'd personally prefer if events were just done away with entirely in Generation 6... Yeah, they're great for advertising, but it gets especially irritating when you know about them and plan to get the associated games with them at some point, but just miss out on the specific time period that the event is being offered, so the 'advertising' in essence does nothing for you.
    Last edited by fenyx4; 30th July 2013 at 06:01 PM.

The reason its not over wifi is probably because gamestop pays them to get events i'd imagine or has a deal in place.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Shiny Giratina is the one I'm looking forward the most but this a great deal and can't wait to get them all. I really hope they aren't at level 100 cause that's too easy.(and then everyone's all "Back in my day, we had to earn level 100s hurr durr durr" ). At least 50 or 70 is good. This event sort of rings a bell similar to the one Gamestop had before Black and White to get the shiny legendary beasts. I wonder if there's gonna be something again where you can transfer them to your X and Y game and unlock some event in them. These are gonna be pretty close to X an Y's release so it makes sense to me.

Not bothered about lvl. Hoping not nature locked and special moves

Just imagining a nasty plot or calm mind version. Wow they would eat any open wifi compertitions
    Last edited by Codface; 31st July 2013 at 04:11 AM.

According to Serebii, they will be level 100. Nothing else yet(Please have special moves)

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YES! Another shiny Palkia! Come to me, my lovely water Dragon who rules over the vastness of space!

....why yes, I do like Palkia. Why do you ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Type Princess~ View Post
    Aw man...GameStop exclusives? I was hoping they'd be over Wifi, since my Gamestop doesn't do that stuff...(Atleast, they didn't for the Meleoetta event.)
    Oh well. I got my Action Replay and the Sinjoh Ruins stuff. I'll be fine. >83
    Is there only one GameStop in your area? If there are several, you can always call around and see if another one close by is holding the event. My hubby and I have done that before as its quite a drive for us to hit one. (He still does it, though; he knows I love getting event Pokemon and he's a completionist to boot.)

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Ugha more level 100 shinnies what's the point? We didn't do any work to get them and them being shiny is just a slap in the face to anyone who worked hard to get a shiny one back in gen 4. They will probably be used to unlock some special event or something so I should try to get at least one.

Ugh, I wish shiny Giratina wasn't that ugly yellow color, it clashes so badly with the other used colors but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm still stoked for this. I love shiny Dialga.)

Black Friend Code: 1722 5040 9274

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

I hope I can get it for all three XD This would be my first time going to an event!

I'll be on a trip around SE Asia during this event (do Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand/Indonesia get many events?), so I'll miss it. No word on whether or not they activate anything in XY yet, I'll only be bothered about missing it if this is the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12