Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hinted

At Nintendo's Semi-Annual Financial Results Briefing today, Satoru Iwata, the current President and CEO of the said company, made announcements concerning the Nintendo 3DS the upcoming Wii U, and Nintendo as a whole. Worth noting is the fact that Iwata hinted of a Pokémon game to be release this Spring.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

I am interested in what the next Pokémon game will be, and where it'll end up be in.

All the improvements to the Nintendo eShop also have me pumped - and well, I can finally use a regular browser to pay for stuff, huh?
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

Default Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Where did "it might be related to the upcoming PokéPark 2" come from? David Gibson's twitter only mentioned a Spring release for a Pokémon game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Where did "it might be related to the upcoming PokéPark 2" come from? David Gibson's twitter only mentioned a Spring release for a Pokémon game.
    I have read the original press release straight from Nintendo, and there is no mention of PokéPark. Or, any mention of Pokémon. Seems like it's somewhere else...
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
    I have read the original press release straight from Nintendo, and there is no mention of PokéPark.
    Actually there is, but the new game isn't mentioned there. According to Gibson, the new game was only confirmed by some materials, rather than being announced by Iwata.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Actually there is, but the new game isn't mentioned there. According to Gibson, the new game was only confirmed by some materials, rather than being announced by Iwata.
    Hmm... I wonder whether we'll see the contents of the Q&A soon?
    Links

Saw the relation to PokéPark 2 on GoNintendo earlier, but saw no evidence for it which is why I didn't ammend my update with that. Unless I missed something else..
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hmm we'll just have to wait and see for any game news then.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

So they're going to announce the final product of the Wii U next year's E3? I wonder if that means announcing the official price. I know the fact that each new system has to be more expensive than the last, but with an economy this bad, they'll might as well make an exception.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Saw the relation to PokéPark 2 on GoNintendo earlier, but saw no evidence for it which is why I didn't ammend my update with that. Unless I missed something else..
    I saw it on WiiUAndMii; so it could be a case of information getting muddled up.

So, the new Wii U won't be coming until at least late next year if not 2013. Here's hoping it can beat out the PS4 and w/e Xbox's successor will be. :P

Also, the eShop improvements are long awaited. I'm also hoping for an SDK, at the very least for personal use, but I doubt that will happen.

Also, 3DS sales higher than expected. That is certainly quite the accomplishment given the rabid popularity of iPhone/Android $0.99 games (I'm looking at you Angry Birds). With all the new games coming this holiday season, as well as the Black Friday, sales will likely jump.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

I specifically remember some of you predicting a new game announcement a couple months following the recent Mewtwo event... looks like you guys were right.

I'm hoping it's either the 3rd B/W version or a completely different spin-off... although, since it's stated to be released sometime in the spring (as far as we know), another spin-off is more likely since the 3rd versions have a history of being released in the fall like their respective paired games.

I highly doubt this game is related to Pokepark 2, because it probably does okay on its own anyways. What I'm even more curious about is what console this game might be on. Here's hoping we might here more in CoroCoro next month.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    I specifically remember some of you predicting a new game announcement a couple months following the recent Mewtwo event... looks like you guys were right.
    We'll be proven right if this turns out to be a main series game with a special in-game event unlocked by Mewtwo.

I'm hoping it's either the 3rd B/W version or a completely different spin-off... although, since it's stated to be released sometime in the spring (as far as we know), another spin-off is more likely since the 3rd versions have a history of being released in the fall like their respective paired games.
    I disagree; patterns don't have to be adhered to forever (especially when they are pretty arbitrary to begin with), and there is nothing that makes a Spring release unappealing for the main series. If we look at the developers that are most likely to release a Pokémon game, Ambrella and Creatures have had their hands full as of late (the former with Rumble and the latter with Pokédex 3D and PokéPark 2), while Chunsoft is currently working on a big non-Pokémon game. This leaves Genius Sonority and Game Freak. Other than the fact that Typing DS is more recent than Black and White, I think it's pretty clear by now that Genius Sonority is working on a Wii U game, as it would make little sense for them to release a Wii game in Spring during the Wii U's hype train.

I should also point out that an upcoming guidebook is going to reveal the hidden abilities of all 646 Pokémon. This hints at a Dream World expansion for the Generation V Pokémon, which would only be possible after the release of the next main series game.
    Last edited by Silktree; 28th October 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Joshawott and Antlionerd like this.

Blog Entries

^So NOW they make a National PokeDex guidebook. It's about time they made one after how long it's been since we already knew about most of this stuff.

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

It might hint to the release of the Third Version. Game Freak dosent have to follow a pattern just because we, the fans are used to this or expect them to. If they want the Third Version out in the spring they can make it happen.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast