Retrospection on first Greek Wi-Fi championship: An analysis and tournament review

Thread: Retrospection on first Greek Wi-Fi championship: An analysis and tournament review

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Retrospection on first Greek Wi-Fi championship: An analysis and tournament review

Retrospection on first Greek Wi-Fi championship: An analysis and tournament review

This retrospection aims to draw some conclusions from the first Greek Pokémon Championship, which ran via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from April 21st to July 16th 2009. It was organized by Nintendo of Greece, with the support and cooperation of the site Legendary Pokémon.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Retrospection on first Greek Wi-Fi championship: An analysis and tournament revie

This is a great article. Looks like holding a championship tournament through Wi-Fi was a lot to manage, but doable. It's also a nice look at what the metagame is like in Greece.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Retrospection on first Greek Wi-Fi championship: An analysis and tournament revie

Unsurprisingly this is what I expected from them, and now I know that my joining would probably scare everyone.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

I was actually surprised by what the article wrote. It seems to be a lot of straight forward teams, not much wall/stall or stealth rocker teams. I wonder why.
    Breeding since... forever. Always up for a trade!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Over here that's basically it. If you got AWESOMEPOKEMONX or AWESOMEPOKEMONY with AWESEOMEMOVEX or AWESOMEMOVEY with some more of those when clear defects are seen in the team, and complete holes you're cool man. Pokemon is more of a fad(yes even to today, and I mean it. Kids grow up with it more then Japan I tell ya)then a game series over here, with only 5-6 known then the rest. The later ones if known, are known cause everyone praises them for being FUCK AWESOME and the complete opposite of the original 250.Its fun to live it to be honest. But yeah competitive wise I could blow everyone out of the water with my eyes closed.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....