Ranch upgrade remains Japan-exclusive: Pokémon. ... - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranch upgrade remains Japan-exclusive: Pokémon. ...

PDL

Default Re: Ranch Upgrade Remains Japan-Exclusive: "No plans" for an update, according to Pok

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    And for those of us who have a Ranch because we like having a place where we can interact with pokemon and take cute pictures?
    Um... Continue what you were doing?

Is sarcasm really that undetectable?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ranch Upgrade Remains Japan-Exclusive: "No plans" for an update, according to Pok

I don’t have Pokémon Ranch and don’t plan to ever get it, but for the fans that did get it and playing it that live outside Japan. It is a real insult that there is no plans to release the Platinum Expansion as an international release.

The Weirdest Tower Tycoon Nevando's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't believe everyone is so offended about this :l

It's kind of hilarious, but more so tragic really. My Pokémon Ranch was a bundle of awful. Are we really throwing yet another fit over something so miniscule? Really Pokéfans?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ranch is hilarious, what are you talking about?

What do people want, another Box devoid of features?

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

Pokémon Box's ability to transfer Pokémon between different games, bring up full lists of all your Pokémon's stats and Gallery mode make it a far better product that Ranch, IMO.

That said, it's still a disgrace Nintendo can't be bothered to let me pay them to have a space to dump my army of Lileep.

Blog Entries

It's easy to check stats on Ranch. Just check on your DS when the pokemon's on the screen. Not to mention Ranch lets you know if something has a perfect...I believe it's IV stat.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I hate telling kids at school who have Platinum and are asking me about Ranch that they really have no use in getting it. Absorb that, TPCI.

Blog Entries

What do people want, another Box devoid of features?
    I'd rather have that than My Pokemon Ranch. Ranch's features are YMMV, but Box makes it possible to store your Pokemon and put them onto other games. Pokemon is incredibly boring once you finish the story mode, and I always want to start over but I can't without losing all of the 'mons I've caught.

But anyway, Nintendo of America likes to pretend things don't exist until they've been released over here. Remember Deoxys? Arceus? Platinum? FireRed and LeafGreen?

Blog Entries

Eh, a combination of the two. Ranch's features with Box's upload ability. But it seems most people hate Ranch because of the graphics and the mistaken idea that there's "nothing to do".

PDL

Eh, a combination of the two. Ranch's features with Box's upload ability. But it seems most people hate Ranch because of the graphics and the mistaken idea that there's "nothing to do".
    There was something to do? That's news to me.

You store Pokémon, the more you store, the more space you'll get until you maxed it out. That's the bulk of Ranch's worth to me. I mean, it's fun to watch the little models interact for maybe a few minutes but it's just eye candy to distract you from the main purpose of the application: storing your excess Pokémon.

Blog Entries

Having fun and taking pictures.

I'm easily bored. Ranch has entertained me the entire year.

Blog Entries

The models are cute, don't get me wrong. And mini-games are fun (I assume it has mini-games?). But it's just not worth buying without Box's features.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Easily bored and easily entertained, apparently.

Don't get me wrong, I have Ranch, but I've barely used it (or not at all) after finally getting Mew out of it.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

It's easy to check stats on Ranch. Just check on your DS when the pokemon's on the screen. Not to mention Ranch lets you know if something has a perfect...I believe it's IV stat.
    I don't think so, but it does show if a Pokemon is from an event or level 100.
    Swampert_rox

Thanks to Emi-chan and Blazaking EX for the banner!

PDL

We don't have a Ranch update for the same reasons that there's no release of Mother 3 outside of Japan.

There's no actual market for it outside of the fandom.

Few people have a reason to have the application (I refuse to call it a "game" because games are implied to be "fun") outside of storing excess Pokémon. The tidbits of taking photos and interacting with the models will only be interesting for maybe a few minutes. But ultimately this will not intrest someone who is only a casual gamer. No one has a use for it unless they've already bought Diamond or Pearl and want box space. There are hundreds of better ways to spend wiipoints, time, and system memory. It's also poorly received because people hate the models. You can rant and rave on how many features it has (all 3 of them). Utlimately, few really care about the product.

Where is the point in releasing or updating a product that's doing so piss-poorly in the market?

Does anyone remember that Pokémon Box was only sold in the Pokémon Center in New York for a reason? That reason was that NoA knew that they won't sell anything to make up costs of getting the product to market. It's just common business sense. Hence why there's no plans for a Ranch update.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 18th November 2011, 04:32 PM