Pokédex for iOS released in Japan, North America and Europe: iPod touch, iPad and iPh

Thread: Pokédex for iOS released in Japan, North America and Europe: iPod touch, iPad and iPh

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pokédex for iOS released in Japan, North America and Europe: iPod touch, iPad and iPh

Pokédex for iOS released in Japan, North America and Europe: iPod touch, iPad and iPhone app ...

The Pokémon company has released a new iOS app called Pokédex for iOS in the Japanese, North American and European iTunes Stores. When the app is bought for ¥170/£1.49/$1.99/€1,79 it starts with Unova Pokémon only but Pokémon introduced in different regions can be downloaded for ¥500/£3.99/$5.99/€5,49 each making a total cost of ¥2170/£17.45/$25.95/€23,75 for the National Pokédex.

Read more on Bulbanews

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokédex for iOS released in Japan, North America and Europe: iPod touch, iPad and

Now hopefully that'll stop all of those fan-made Pokedex apps, especially those that directly ripped info from sites... Honestly, Nintendo should have done this awhile ago.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokédex for iOS released in Japan, North America and Europe: iPod touch, iPad and

$26 to download a full Pokedex when I can just go to Bulbapedia for free? No way man, not buying it.

Post Thanks / Like

What, no Android? Lame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kouzan View Post
    $26 to download a full Pokedex when I can just go to Bulbapedia for free? No way man, not buying it.
    This. While I'm glad that this will stop people from making their own Pokedex apps, people can still always go onto the internet and get their info for free.

But, hey, it's also useful for when you otherwise don't have access to the net... or just too lazy to go to it. Like me sometimes, but I still wouldn't get this, personally.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

No buy. This is more expensive than Pokedex 3D. What the fuck?

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I honestly don't know why this version is more expensive (maybe porting it to iOS was more expensive)? Usually the main app is the more expensive part (but not always) and the add-ons are cheaper.

Restating for emphasis: You get 150+ Unova Pokemon for $1.99, but you get less Pokemon (excluding Gen 1) for each gen pack for $5.99 (each). What the hell. That is really stupid. Maybe those packs won't sell well and the prices will lower in the future. I wonder if this version comes with the computer voice that says their name. I would love to know how to pronounce some favorites in French for example.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    The assumption is that people aren't going to go out of their way to buy an iPhone or iPad for the Pokedex 3D, nor will people go out to buy a 3DS. However, if people have an Apple device, but not a 3DS, and want this app, their choices are: pay $26 or buy a 3DS and pay the original price. Now those who have a 3DS are already in Nintendo's pocket.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    The assumption is that people aren't going to go out of their way to buy an iPhone or iPad for the Pokedex 3D, nor will people go out to buy a 3DS. However, if people have an Apple device, but not a 3DS, and want this app, their choices are: pay $26 or buy a 3DS and pay the original price. Now those who have a 3DS are already in Nintendo's pocket.
    I forgot about people owning an iOS device but not a 3DS - but if you own both (or only a 3DS) - I just reccemond Pokédex 3D Pro.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thing is such a rip-off (so is Pokédex 3D, but that's a different story)

It's almost like GameFreak is turning into EA...

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow N_Studios On Twitter Add N_Studios on Facebook Add N_Studios on Google+
    Visit N_Studios's Youtube Channel

As soon as I get enough money on my iTunes account, I'll get this in a heartbeat! Although, after reading the BNN Article on the Main Page, I wondered why there wasn't a link to the App in the App Stores on the page. Could there be links to their pages, and if yes, should they be included in the article?
    ~Pikachu9000

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow N_Studios On Twitter Add N_Studios on Facebook Add N_Studios on Google+
    Visit N_Studios's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    It's almost like GameFreak is turning into EA...
    Heh, kinda reminded me of "EA in a nutshell" on YouTube.
    Such a funny video....
    ~Pikachu9000