Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in Eur

Thread: Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in Eur

Default Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in Eur

Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in Europe: ...

The Pokémon Trading Card Game video game for Game Boy Color will be available on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in Europe from July 10, 2014.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in

I would have expected either Pinball or Puzzle Challenge to come out first. Also, I'm quite surprised this hasn't come out in Japan (issues with Kadabra's Japanese name?).

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    I would have expected either Pinball or Puzzle Challenge to come out first. Also, I'm quite surprised this hasn't come out in Japan (issues with Kadabra's Japanese name?).
    Kadabra appears in other games with its Japanese name. I don't see why it would specifically be an issue for this game.

Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar

Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

Here's hoping this will be released in the US e-shop too...
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon Freak View Post
    Here's hoping this will be released in the US e-shop too...
    I'd be surprised if it didn't. You shouldn't have to wait too long. *shakes fist at region locking*

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

OMG, this is one of my favourite games of all time. I would love to see it released for North America as well... I don't usually re-buy games (I'd rather play the originals) but I'd totally support this game if it was released here. I wonder if Card Pop! will be implemented somehow? (Probably not).

I would also love to see a translation of Pokemon Card GB2 one day, maybe if this does well it will get a Virtual Console release. I have it in Japanese tho, so no biggie. (I actually have GB1 in English AND Japanese. I loved it so much I wanted to replay it but I didn't want to wipe my file clean so I bought it in Japanese. I paid $7 on eBay and got it boxed with the promo card!!)

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

This is awesome, I never got to play this game before! Here's hoping it sells well enough that they consider putting even more Pokemon games on Virtual Console.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I played this on my friend's emulator when I was younger. This is a definite purchase for me.

Personally, I'm hoping it sells well and they'll consider TCG for the 3DS.

EDIT: Apparently there was one for the DS?

Very good news, this has always been my favorite side-series video game in the franchise. I originally got into Pokemon by way of the TCG, although I never played it outside of this game.
    3DS Friend Code: 0147-0109-5669
    Safari Type: Psychic
    Pokemon: Abra, Wobbuffet, and Girafarig

Loved this game as a kid, glad to hear I'll be able to play it again after losing my GBC with it long ago (assuming the US gets it soon after Europe).

Credit for the Banners goes to JustTheFx