Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make - Page 20
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Default Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Hah, this looks so awesome! 8D It doesn't matter if it's not on the 3DS, even if I know I'm getting one for my birthday. I so can't wait to learn more! Characters, especially player characters, are what I'm concerned about right now! Yee!

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup
    Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be?
    Remember the HGSS speculation that went on before they were announced? "LOOK AT THE PARK BALLS IN DP THEY'RE GOLD SILVER AND BLUE IN THE MIDDLE" or "LOOK AT THE POKEBALL ON THE FLOOR OF THE POKEMON CENTER, GOLD AND SILVER!!!1!"

Guess what eventually came out? Exactly. If those people can make crazy "hints" out of things like that, why can't we do the same for possible future RSEmakes?
    The keyword here is "POSSIBLE FUTURE RSEMAKES." People are making out the logos to mean that Hoenn will be involved in these games, or that these games will be half RSEmake-half BW. There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine. It's when people see the logos and instead of thinking fire and lightning (Reshiram and Zekrom) they think HOENN IN THIS GAME that things get absurd.
    I think the Red and Blue in the logos refer to Red and Blue the games (yes I know it was Green in Japan but they're thinking international.) Kanto has been in every generation so far, and what if this is one tradition Game Freak will actually stick to, it's the birthplace of Pokemon for godsake, and has a special place in the franchise. Also if Kanto is featured in BW, in can be a few years after Kanto in GSC so you get a NewNewKanto. This would also leave the door open for possible RSEmakes if Nintendo choose to go down that route.
    If they were thinking of "keeping it international" (which we have no proof of) we would have gotten FireRed and WaterBlue, not LeafGreen. I also don't think having Kanto in any game will open the doors to RSEmakes in any specific way--if the remakes are hinted at, it will be because of the hints, not because of the region itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine.
    Wut? Where? You'd think it would be a bit more visible than at the moment.
    Go-Goggles, Shoal Salt/Sand, Flutes, HM Dive, Gen 3 Elite Four Music in Gen 5 Elite Four music (aka elitefourmusiception), amongst other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man with No Name View Post
    this was the most obvious move Game Freak could make. I've been saying it since day one. The parallels between this generation and generation one are significant, it was obvious that it would be a sequel, not a third game.
    That makes no sense. Yellow wasn't a sequel, it was a 3rd version. There are indeed some parallels between this generation and Gen 1 but there also doing stuff drastically different as well. If it was a parallel with Gen 1, then the sequels of Pokemon BW2 should have come in Gen 6, just as Pokemon 2, were renamed Gold and Silver and put in Gen 1.
    True that gen 1's sequels came in gen 2, but no other games have direct sequels at all. That's what he means when he says that. Also, Yellow is a spin-off worldwide. Blue is the third version in Japan, and technically outside of Japan there was no third version (!) because Yellow is based off of the anime.

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Hah, this looks so awesome! 8D It doesn't matter if it's not on the 3DS, even if I know I'm getting one for my birthday. I so can't wait to learn more! Characters, especially player characters, are what I'm concerned about right now! Yee!

Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be?
    Remember the HGSS speculation that went on before they were announced? "LOOK AT THE PARK BALLS IN DP THEY'RE GOLD SILVER AND BLUE IN THE MIDDLE" or "LOOK AT THE POKEBALL ON THE FLOOR OF THE POKEMON CENTER, GOLD AND SILVER!!!1!"

Guess what eventually came out? Exactly. If those people can make crazy "hints" out of things like that, why can't we do the same for possible future RSEmakes?
    The keyword here is "POSSIBLE FUTURE RSEMAKES." People are making out the logos to mean that Hoenn will be involved in these games, or that these games will be half RSEmake-half BW. There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine. It's when people see the logos and instead of thinking fire and lightning (Reshiram and Zekrom) they think HOENN IN THIS GAME that things get absurd.
    I think the Red and Blue in the logos refer to Red and Blue the games (yes I know it was Green in Japan but they're thinking international.) Kanto has been in every generation so far, and what if this is one tradition Game Freak will actually stick to, it's the birthplace of Pokemon for godsake, and has a special place in the franchise. Also if Kanto is featured in BW, in can be a few years after Kanto in GSC so you get a NewNewKanto. This would also leave the door open for possible RSEmakes if Nintendo choose to go down that route.
    If they were thinking of "keeping it international" (which we have no proof of) we would have gotten FireRed and WaterBlue, not LeafGreen. I also don't think having Kanto in any game will open the doors to RSEmakes in any specific way--if the remakes are hinted at, it will be because of the hints, not because of the region itself.
    There are TONS of things in BW that hint to EVENTUAL Hoenn remakes, that's fine.
    Go-Goggles, Shoal Salt/Sand, Flutes, HM Dive, Gen 3 Elite Four Music in Gen 5 Elite Four music (aka elitefourmusiception), amongst other things.
    this was the most obvious move Game Freak could make. I've been saying it since day one. The parallels between this generation and generation one are significant, it was obvious that it would be a sequel, not a third game.
    That makes no sense. Yellow wasn't a sequel, it was a 3rd version. There are indeed some parallels between this generation and Gen 1 but there also doing stuff drastically different as well. If it was a parallel with Gen 1, then the sequels of Pokemon BW2 should have come in Gen 6, just as Pokemon 2, were renamed Gold and Silver and put in Gen 1.
    True that gen 1's sequels came in gen 2, but no other games have direct sequels at all. That's what he means when he says that. Also, Yellow is a spin-off worldwide. Blue is the third version in Japan, and technically outside of Japan there was no third version (!) because Yellow is based off of the anime.
    Japan's scenario is a one off, everywhere else in the world knows it as RBY. And yellow was indeed a 3rd version, it was the same Game largely, but with a few changes, and had Pokemon from both versions previously unavailable.

The only thing making it different from 3rd versions otherwise is that it had more of a slant towards the anime, something, I don't see why they didn't maintain, why not have Crystal follow the Johto anime etc.

Japan's scenario is a one off, everywhere else in the world knows it as RBY. And yellow was indeed a 3rd version, it was the same Game largely, but with a few changes, and had Pokemon from both versions previously unavailable.

The only thing making it different from 3rd versions otherwise is that it had more of a slant towards the anime, something, I don't see why they didn't maintain, why not have Crystal follow the Johto anime etc.
    Because the Johto anime arc is largely seen as garbage by the fanbase. They'd have been idiots to let the GSC, which were amazing and well recieved, follow that arc which had fillers galore. Yellow version was a one time thing and is remembered as one of the best games, because back then the anime was at its high point. As it went on it kind of lost a lot of momentum. Yellow wasn't even completely anime based, it still had everything from Red and Blue, with shoutouts to the anime such as Jessie and James. I think the best they could've done was follow Yellow and have you as the player catch the 3 starters in a similar way to Ash and maybe start off with a Togepi.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

I've heard some giping that B2W2 aren't on the 3DS and I have to say, why does that matter?

I would rather have a really well made game that fits on a system nicely than a botched attempt to move it to a system that it doesn't belong on.

Blog Entries

It's technicaly for both the DS and 3DS... so it might have special features exlusive to the 3DS like the orignal B/W had features exlusive to the DSi/3DS (Dream World/Entralink ect..)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    It's technicaly for both the DS and 3DS... so it might have special features exlusive to the 3DS like the orignal B/W had features exlusive to the DSi/3DS (Dream World/Entralink ect..)
    Excuse me? Maybe I read that wrong, but Dream World and the Entralink were not features exclusive to the DSi or 3DS. Or were you not saying that? I'm confused.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

The only thing that only functioned on the DSi/3DS only was the Xtransceiver.

For everyone that is wondering the fate of revisiting the Hoenn region, perhaps these games will provide a mode of transportation between Unova and Hoenn, kind of like in HG/SS. Otherwise, I really have no idea what Game Freak has in mind with these two new games. What could this new adventure be about? I love this surprise! I just can't wait until we get more specific info on these new games!
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra Trainer View Post
    For everyone that is wondering the fate of revisiting the Hoenn region, perhaps these games will provide a mode of transportation between Unova and Hoenn, kind of like in HG/SS. Otherwise, I really have no idea what Game Freak has in mind with these two new games. What could this new adventure be about? I love this surprise! I just can't wait until we get more specific info on these new games!
    You like Sonic the Hedgehog? More importantly, did you ever play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for the Sega? Now did you ever play Sonic and Knuckles? Now, did you ever play Sonic 3 AND Knuckles? Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were two parts of 1 game. 3 being the first half and Knuckles being the second. Back then, they weren't able to be put on 1 cartridge so the story was split. Once both cartidges were out you were able to connect the two to get access to the full game at once, as one complete story. What's my point with this? Basically this is exactly what I think has happened with Black 1 and White 1 and Black 2 and White 2.

I think were going to see a similar scenario here. At the end of Black and White there are NUMEROUS loose ends left hanging and the latter half of the game after N and Ghetsis is more than a little lacking. I think that 1, this was planned from the start on GF's part and that 2, the new games will close the story on Unova and tie up all loose ends. This doesn't mean the new games will pick up right after the first ones. The nature of pokemon games (Fact there's always bonus material after the league) doesn't allow that. No I think they'll start the story a few years in the future and then wrap things up.

(Gonna make a blog post on it later)

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

For all we know the game will start in Hoenn (N went to a far away region and Hoenn can be considered the most isolated of the other 4 regions) and end up in Unova either post game or mid-way through the game... hell we have no clue what will happen because this is completly umpresidented

For all we know the game will start in Hoenn (N went to a far away region and Hoenn can be considered the most isolated of the other 4 regions) and end up in Unova either post game or mid-way through the game... hell we have no clue what will happen because this is completly umpresidented
    Personal belief. Your opinion differs from mine. Its not like either of us can prove were right. I personally don't think the games going to have a 2nd region at all, except for something like the Sevii Islands. The game's called Black and White 2. To me, that makes it clear its going to primarily take place in Unova again. Also, since I still believe there will be Hoenn remakes I don't see a reason for Hoenn to appear.

Pow Pow Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

I think maybe BW2 will occur in an unseen area of Unova. Hell, for all we know, it could be like with GSC where Johto is connected to Kanto. Unova could be this huge region of the Pokémon world and we've only seen a part of it yet. Look at it this way: Unova is based on the NYC region of the US, right? There's no doubting that the US is much larger than Japan, where the other regions were based on. Why couldn't Unova be bigger than other regions? I think the most likely place for the currently known area of Unova to be connected to the new area of Unova would be either to the west or to the northeast. Who knows, the next game could be based on Pennsylvania/New Jersey, or maybe New England, maybe even Canada. I think it's an interesting concept, if it's correct.

watch things on VCRs / with me and talk about big love
    i think we're superstars / you say you think we are the best thing

fun & gamesrulestppslast.fmavisiggraphics shop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1225 View Post
    Personal belief. Your opinion differs from mine. Its not like either of us can prove were right. I personally don't think the games going to have a 2nd region at all, except for something like the Sevii Islands. The game's called Black and White 2. To me, that makes it clear its going to primarily take place in Unova again. Also, since I still believe there will be Hoenn remakes I don't see a reason for Hoenn to appear.
    I have no idea what will happen B/W2 threw us all thought a loop. We have no idea what to think now since the pattern has since been shattered... Unova will of course be in the game but it could be like Kanto in HG/SS or you visit Hoenn afterwards (like I said we have no clue what the fuck is going to happen)

Or maybe we will end up revisiting Kanto. I mean that region has appeared in every single generation. I'll rather have them expand on Unova though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VastBlack and DeepWh View Post
    Or maybe we will end up revisiting Kanto. I mean that region has appeared in every single generation. I'll rather have them expand on Unova though.
    Considering that Kanto has became a massive base breaker I doubt they'll include Kanto... we have HG/SS for Kanto

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast