Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains 212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains 212

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains 212

Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains 212 ...

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection, the official soundtrack of the Generation VI primary pair, is released worldwide on the iTunes digital store.

Read more on Bulbanews

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains

Those Pokémon Origins remixes of R/B tracks.

They are like the forbidden dance for the ears. So sensual, with the forbidden spice making it all the juicier.

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains

Kinda disappointing they don't include a translated digital version of the booklet that comes in the physical copy, but the music is great.
    fenyx4 likes this.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

FC: Mana (4914-3452-1470)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill (X)

Any chance it might be sold through other digital music outlets, like amazon or something. I really wanna support a US release, but i don't use/have/want iTunes.
    fenyx4 likes this.

Only $10 huh? I might just grab it this Friday.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

That is a very, very tempting price but I'm not sure I'll ever have the time to listen all 212 songs. That price is so low it comes out to be .047 cents per song. I was hoping for a soundtrack release here but I wasn't expecting such a massive number of songs. I hope this means they'll release all the previous soundtracks because I'd really like to be able to get them.
    fenyx4 likes this.

GoNintendo.com apparently got this press release regarding the soundtrack:

With the recent release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y on the Nintendo 3DS, the games made an audible leap with more dynamic, high-quality sound than ever before. To bring fans this feat of in-game production, The Pokémon Company International has today released Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection on iTunes, the games' robust soundtrack which features enhanced sound quality of all the songs.

For $9.99, fans will receive more than 200 songs and 3.5 hours of music featured in the games. As an added bonus, the album will include a battle game music track from the four-part Pokémon Origins animated adventure, which begins airing Nov. 15 only on Pokémon TV (Pokémon TV | Watch Pokémon Episodes Online) and on the Pokémon TV app for iOS and Android devices. The album also features five bonus tracks from Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue from the original composer, GAME FREAK’s Shota Kageyama.

This marks the first Pokémon soundtrack available on iTunes. Fans can expect more to come in 2014 from the Pokémon musical archives, including the soundtracks of:
    · Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen
    · Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver
    · Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire
    · Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl
    · Pokémon Black and Pokémon White
    · Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2

The Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection album can be downloaded on iTunes now at the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/en/album/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-super/id741190064?l=en
    So there will be official iTunes releases of the game soundtracks from Ruby & Sapphire and beyond.
    Xita and fenyx4 like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoldChaos View Post

With the recent release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y on the Nintendo 3DS, the games made an audible leap with more dynamic, high-quality sound than ever before. To bring fans this feat of in-game production, The Pokémon Company International has today released Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection on iTunes, the games' robust soundtrack which features enhanced sound quality of all the songs.

For $9.99, fans will receive more than 200 songs and 3.5 hours of music featured in the games. As an added bonus, the album will include a battle game music track from the four-part Pokémon Origins animated adventure, which begins airing Nov. 15 only on Pokémon TV (Pokémon TV | Watch Pokémon Episodes Online) and on the Pokémon TV app for iOS and Android devices. The album also features five bonus tracks from Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue from the original composer, GAME FREAK’s Shota Kageyama.

This marks the first Pokémon soundtrack available on iTunes. Fans can expect more to come in 2014 from the Pokémon musical archives, including the soundtracks of:

The Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection album can be downloaded on iTunes now at the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/en/album/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-super/id741190064?l=en
    So there will be official iTunes releases of the game soundtracks from Ruby & Sapphire and beyond.
    Oh my god yesssss....gotta buy 'em all!
    Tophat Dragoneye likes this.

Blog Entries

The album also features five bonus tracks from Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue from the original composer, GAME FREAK’s Shota Kageyama.
    How ignorant. Shota Kageyama may have composed the Origin remixes, but he is certainly not the original composer (that would be Junichi Masuda). The first games Kageyama composed for are HGSS.
    fenyx4 likes this.

Blog Entries

Was having some initial problems getting iTunes to allow me to download, but worth the hassle. Went in only caring about 10 tracks (so buying the whole thing came out cheaper) and shoved about 20 straight to my iPod. Love it.
    fenyx4 and Blazing Charmander like this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

You guys are being absolutely spoiled with that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac
    I was hoping for a soundtrack release here but I wasn't expecting such a massive number of songs.
    We've known how many tracks were going to be on this for a couple of months now :P

Also, is there a reason certain track titles that should contain multiple capital letters in a row don't? GTS is written out as Gts, TM is written out as Tm, PR Video is written out as Pr Video, etc.
    fenyx4 likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

In Japan, the soundtrack is being released as a 4-CD set, which is due out tomorrow for ¥2625 (Roughly $26.25), which also includes a 26-page booklet not included in the western release.
    What's included in the booklet? I doubt its worth the +$15 price point

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Liner notes about the songs, an interview with the Game Freak sound staff, and a look at some of the pre-production materials.

Also, the booklet is 28 pages, not 26.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

X does Y WITH AUTHORITY! fenyx4's Avatar

Visit fenyx4's Youtube Channel

Thumbs up Re: Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection live on iTunes: Official soundtrack contains

Quote Originally Posted by GoldChaos View Post

Undoubtedly the best Pokemon news of 2013 so far, tied with the January 2013 announcement of XY's existence! As if the XY album release couldn't get any better. XD I was already excited with the XY music (plus Origins bonus tracks!) being released (worldwide, on iTunes!) in general, but this addition of all the pre-XY albums was just icing on the cake! That's been on my "Pokemon wishlist" ever since I read on Bulbanews that the albums were released on iTunes in Japan (wow, that was just last year in 2012; it feels like it's been so long!).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Also, is there a reason certain track titles that should contain multiple capital letters in a row don't? GTS is written out as Gts, TM is written out as Tm, PR Video is written out as Pr Video, etc.
    I don't see any good reason for that strange capitalization; it's weird because it's like everything except abbreviations is capitalized correctly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Liner notes about the songs, an interview with the Game Freak sound staff, and a look at some of the pre-production materials.

Also, the booklet is 28 pages, not 26.
    Oh, just remembered; I like how the English title of the XY album maintains the "Super Music Collection" wording, although I'm kind of fond of the phrase "Super Complete" that has been used for the past Pokemon albums... :3

That booklet seems interesting (reminds me of an interview I once saw on Dogasu's Backpack regarding the HGSS songs); I'm hoping that the booklet materials can get translated into English at some point...

---------------

Below are my thoughts on the XY international album release on iTunes, reposted from another forum:

It's interesting to see what the English titles for the songs are now, since this is the first time that we get English titles for Pokemon main series music (excluding the remixed stuff that made it into Super Smash Bros. Brawl). I'm glad that a lot of the battle themes use the "Battle! _____" format rather than the "______ Battle!" format that SSB Brawl used (then again, I'm guessing that different localizers than the Brawl ones might've worked on the XY album).

Minor thoughts:
    * The strange capitalization conventions just bugs me so much. I mean, "Gts"? "Pr video"? Really? It's like the translator didn't even bother to capitalize abbreviations properly; it's jarring because it seems like almost everything else that doesn't use an abbreviation is capitalized correctly. It's really glaring with the "Pr video" tracks; there's like 30+ songs related to that feature alone!

* I think some of the titles overuse the parantheses a bit (as in, you could have easily used "Battle! Trainer" rather than "Battle! (Trainer Battle)", not even speaking of the Department of Redundancy Department issue that that specific English phrasing brings up), particularly with the Origins remixes of RBY remixes, where they have to use square brackets ("[]") alongside parentheses ("()"), such as in "Battle! (Trainer Battle) [Pokémon Origins Version]"...

* The parentheses could have been used to better effect...from a glance, multiple sets of two tracks share the same name, such as "Battle! (Trainer Battle)" (there's the Kalos version, and then there's the Kanto version from RBY)... It seems that they are only differentiated by track number (#21 and #207, respectively), which could get confusing when you're looking through the album, and that's not mentioning the Origins remix of RBY's Trainer battle theme (which at least has brackets to help distinguish it).
    ** I can only wonder what will happen with the English name of songs of the 2014 album releases (concentrating on pre-XY albums except RBY and GSC), each of which have their own "Trainer battle themes":
    (the FRLG Kanto one, the HGSS Johto one, the HGSS Kanto one, the Hoenn one, the Sinnoh one, the BW Unova one, the B2W2 Unova one, all of which need to be distinguished with the Kalos one and "the Origins remix of the RBY 'Trainer battle theme' that is featured on the Kalos-based CD". That's nine tracks!)

**Something inspired from the B2W2 album naming scheme (which used regions to differentiate music tracks, since the PWT of B2W2 caused music tracks from 5 different regions to be within one game), such as:
    "Battle! Trainer (Kanto; Pokémon Red/Blue Version)"
    "Battle! Trainer (Kanto;
    Pokémon Origins Version)"
    "Battle! Trainer (Kalos)"

...could at least help to distinguish everything properly, in my opinion. :/

Also, just realized that the "RBY Gym Leader battle theme" track isn't a bonus track on the XY CD, and it's the only RBY battle theme that's left out. Dudes and dudettes, you can't just exclude the best (one of the best?) battle theme that RBY has to offer from the XY CD's bonus tracks like that. I mean, really? XD I can't tell if it had an Origins remix (but why wouldn't it?; it's awesome, memorable, and Red fights Brock at one point!), but if it didn't, that *might* be a reason why, since all the other RBY bonus tracks have their own corresponding Origins remixes...
    Last edited by fenyx4; 12th November 2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Xita likes this.

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At only ten bucks? Sounds like I got my Christmas gift this year. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast