Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Water Max
  • 1 Post By Spectacular Snivy

Thread: Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Pokémon Tretta Lab has been announced for the Nintendo 3DS for Japan. It will be released Aug. 10.

Read more on Bulbanews

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

I hope that this game is released internationally because Pokémon Battrio and Tretta arcade machines have never been released outside Japan.
    33Whimsicott33 likes this.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Tretta Lab announced for Nintendo 3DS in Japan: Will be released Aug. 10

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    I hope that this game is released internationally because Pokémon Battrio and Tretta arcade machines have never been released outside Japan.
    Yeah.Japan gets everything and we get nothing.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

I HATE MYSELF!

Trophies

A lot of Pokemon stuff from Japan never gets released outside of it, such as the arcade games (I've seen a Gen IV based arcade in Taiwan though...). Some of it I really would love to see on shelves or at least have it in the Nintendo World.

----------------------
    I would love to go on a shopping spree in Japan and get ALL THE [LUGIA] FIGURES AND PLUSHES.
    No.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh, probably going to be Japan only. Not that I care, I'm not particularly fond of Tretta.

Blog Entries

Remember the stuff about needing to localize more nintendo. This is a good example PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Details and images have been added to the article.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I believe that the main reason Tretta (and Battrio before it) never came outside of Japan (and probably never will) is not because of a target audience of 6 to 10 year olds, but more rather because there is no more market for arcade games in the west. This is partly due to home consoles such as the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 (and their online services), as well as other online gaming services on the PC such as Steam being far too dominant that you don't even need to leave home and drive several miles to an arcade to play a game anymore, you can just buy it at the store or online, take it home, and you're done, all that's left is to just play the game.

The closest you're ever going to get to Pokemon Tretta in the west is Skylanders, which isn't a Pokemon game, has completely different game-play aspects, and is on home consoles, but it does rely on physical objects (in this case, figurines as opposed to pucks), so it's at least close. If Tretta was retooled to be on consoles to make it more Skylanders-esque, it would probably have a market in the west, but for now, we shouldn't keep your hopes up on Tretta and anything related to it coming to the west, and instead keep our hopes up for the coming 6th Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserLugia View Post
    A lot of Pokemon stuff from Japan never gets released outside of it, such as the arcade games (I've seen a Gen IV based arcade in Taiwan though...). Some of it I really would love to see on shelves or at least have it in the Nintendo World.

----------------------
    I would love to go on a shopping spree in Japan and get ALL THE [LUGIA] FIGURES AND PLUSHES.
    I know right, when I go to the stores here in Ohio, they sell only figurines of the Anime, the cards, and the games, that's it really, and what plush dolls they have are all of the current Gen's starters and other Pokemon nobody really cares about. I had to buy my Mienshao keychain plush off of Amazon because of it.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    The closest you're ever going to get to Pokemon Tretta in the west is Skylanders, which isn't a Pokemon game, has completely different game-play aspects, and is on home consoles, but it does rely on physical objects (in this case, figurines as opposed to pucks), so it's at least close. If Tretta was retooled to be on consoles to make it more Skylanders-esque, it would probably have a market in the west, but for now, we shouldn't keep your hopes up on Tretta and anything related to it coming to the west, and instead keep our hopes up for the coming 6th Generation.
    Pokemon Rumble U does this as well, so that's even less reason for it to be localized.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I doubt this will get localized, but you'll never know. Besides, this can give us a taste of what Pokemon Tretta is like, so that's pretty neat, right?