Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run tim

Thread: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run tim

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run tim

Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run time ...

TV-Tokyo has revealed that the Pokémon Smash variety show will end next month, with Pokémon Get☆TV replacing it on Oct. 6.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run

So it will basically be the same show, but with different hosts (except for Shoko)? lol

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    So it will basically be the same show, but with different hosts (except for Shoko)? lol
    Yep. The same way Pokémon Sunday became Smash during the time BW began.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

FYI: Taka and Toshi are almost never referred to by their full names. Whenever you see them on TV (which is most days, really) they're always referred to simply as "Taka" or "Toshi."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Interesting, I bet we will type it as Get*TV for those who don't want to copy-paste the name all the time. Outside of anime, I don't know much about Japanese TV or media, other than it works very differently than it does in the US, Canada, or Europe, then again I'm no expert on Japan (I don't even know the language), so I wouldn't know anything about the two comedians who are going to be on this show.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I wonder if the "Pokemon Get" title is related somehow to the revival of the "Gotta catch 'em all" slogan in english-language marketing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I wonder if the "Pokemon Get" title is related somehow to the revival of the "Gotta catch 'em all" slogan in english-language marketing.
    With this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if GottaCatchEmAll.com were used to broadcast a western version of Get☆TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    With this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if GottaCatchEmAll.com were used to broadcast a western version of Get☆TV.
    That would be pretty cool, though I'm sure a western Smash-type thing would never get as bizarre as Smash itself does.

Blog Entries

though I'm sure a western Smash-type thing would never get as bizarre as Smash itself does.
    I'd say that would be a good thing.