Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available at P

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bolt the Cat
  • 1 Post By Bikini Miltank
  • 1 Post By Bikini Miltank

Thread: Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available at P

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available at P

Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available at Pokémon ...

During the Sept. 15 episode of Pokémon Smash, there will be an announcement made about an event distribution at Pokémon Centers.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available

I wish they distributed the starters with hidden abilities, as they did in Japan.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Smash to announce new distribution for the Generation V games: Available

Quote Originally Posted by Swadloon View Post
    I wish they distributed the starters with hidden abilities, as they did in Japan.
    This event will be for Japan.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope it's coming to the U.S., unless it's something random and useless.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

It could just be the same shiny Sinnoh trio that most of the other regions are already getting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    It could just be the same shiny Sinnoh trio that most of the other regions are already getting.
    Why did they announce that internationally first, then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why did they announce that internationally first, then?
    Because other territories are getting it first?

Given that the event's already started in America, it wouldn't make much sense for them not to have announced it yet.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I hope it's coming to the U.S., unless it's something random and useless.
    At this rate, probably not, since they're phasing everything Gen 5 related to make room for Gen 6, and with only two months until X/Y is out, it wouldn't be anything significant unless it's something like the Crown Beasts event, and even then, it's unlikely anything like that would happen at this point (especially since the Crown Beasts event was an annoying move by Nintendo in my opinion).
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Because other territories are getting it first?

Given that the event's already started in America, it wouldn't make much sense for them not to have announced it yet.
    I know that, but why would other territories get it before Japan is what I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    At this rate, probably not, since they're phasing everything Gen 5 related to make room for Gen 6, and with only two months until X/Y is out, it wouldn't be anything significant unless it's something like the Crown Beasts event, and even then, it's unlikely anything like that would happen at this point (especially since the Crown Beasts event was an annoying move by Nintendo in my opinion).
    The same logic applies in Japan, though. We're all getting XY at the same time, remember.

Blog Entries

I know that, but why would other territories get it before Japan is what I'm asking.
    Perhaps a number of reasons. The timing of the events is intended to encourage people to pre-order the games: "Come to the same store three times! And while you're here, why not pre-order?" Japan doesn't seem to have the same kind of in-store event distribution setup, and given the insane pre-order figures we've seen out of Japan so far, they evidently don't need in-store promotions to encourage them.