Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be rel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be rel

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be rel

Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be released tomorrow

Kanto Symphony, a nostalgia-inducing 35-track collection of orchestrated songs from the soundtrack of the original Game Boy Pokémon Red and Blue Versions, releases worldwide tomorrow on iTunes.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be

Skotein is awesome!
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Default Re: Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be

Doesn't anyone know what CDs are anymore?

Other than that, sounds awesome.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Doesn't anyone know what CDs are anymore?
    If I remember correctly, I think they actually offered physical CD's as part of a Kickstarter when they were getting the funding together for this.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

@Archaic; Do you know how Joypad Records provides copyright clearance for projects such as this that are based on game music?

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    @Archaic; Do you know how Joypad Records provides copyright clearance for projects such as this that are based on game music?
    While I'm unfamiliar with the specifics, I do know that there's actually legal protections for releasing covers of songs. I'm not sure of all the complexities involved, but I understand it boils down to crediting the original creators and artists properly, and paying an industry standard rate of royalties to them. So groups who release their remix/cover albums for free are pretty much always in the clear there, since (standard rate)% of $0 will always be $0.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Add Chiss on Facebook

This is great. :) @Archaic any idea what the price will be?

This sounds interesting, but i really don't have $10 to just freely spend on stuff like this, especially since i'm trying to save up for a WiiU. I wish there was a free version (legally, that is).

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Wow I don't think I've heard the Red and Blue soundtrack sound so beautiful. Just from the previews,I knows it's something I'll definitely be downloading.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

The best $10 ever spent on iTunes!

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    The best $10 ever spent on iTunes!
    Couldn't agree more. Currently #3 on the soundtracks board. #43 on the albums board.
    I hope this gets big. Like news-spot-on-major-video-game-sites big

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I didn't even play Red/Blue, but I'll probably end up buying this anyways. I'm sure it's the same catchy tunes as Gold/Silver has.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    I didn't even play Red/Blue, but I'll probably end up buying this anyways. I'm sure it's the same catchy tunes as Gold/Silver has.
    In GSC, Viridian Forest is now part of Route 2 and merges its theme with a brand new one, Lavender Town is remixed to be happier and melodious, and Cinnabar Island uses Viridian City's theme instead of its unique one. I'm sure there are other differences, but this album is based on the RGBY versions.

The Dark Pokemon Trainer Maple Man's Avatar
    Add Maple Man on Facebook

You should give Red/Blue a chance with an emulator.

I think this soundtrack is a great idea. But I prefer to buy an actual CD than buy it off iTunes. I am afraid that someday my computers will mess up and I will lose everything I downloaded. That is why I like to buy CDs, it is nice to have some music that I can just put into my computer without the trouble of downloading again.
    You think the new character and Pokemon designs suck. Well, my art degree says your arguments are invalid.

This album is just too epic for words D'X I have only heard the first 9 songs and I've already cried out of nostalgia twice, with Battle! VS Trainer and Red's Journey (The Road To Cerulean City).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    21st October 2012, 12:55 AM