Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff game

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Isamu Akai

Thread: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff game

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff game

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff game may keep ...

The spinoff game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, recently released in Japan and announced for a June release in North America, has been submitted for rating by the Australian Classification Board.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff

....Now why can't Nintendo of America follow suit by keeping the original title. Well, good for Australia then.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff

Because the title is stupid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Because the title is stupid.
    That is highly subjective.

If you want my subjective opinion, "Pokemon Conquest" is stupid. At least the original title tells that the game is a literal crossover, whereas NoA is just taking it as a "nod to Nobunga's Ambition". It's not a nod to, it's a crossover.

Blog Entries

Oh Nintendo of America. Why do you have to be the odd child and rename everything? -_-
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Uh, hello, American players would get confused if NoA kept the Japanese title. They'd be all like "What the heck is Nobunaga's Ambition?" since it's a Japan only game.

I like Pokemon Conquest better anyway.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Uh, hello, American players would get confused if NoA kept the Japanese title. They'd be all like "What the heck is Nobunaga's Ambition?" since it's a Japan only game.
    I think that's the point. To teach them what Nobunaga's Ambition is (since it is not actually a Japan-only game, just has very few non-Japanese releases).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Maybe NoA doesn't want young players to find out that Pokemon is crossing over with a franchise that could potentially be T-rated if more of their installments were released in the U.S.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But hasn't Pokemon already been associated with Teen-rated series due to Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl?

Although The Samurai Warrior and Nobunaga Ambition series do seem to be a little "harder-T" than Smash Brothers, so I think you have a point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post

I like Pokemon Conquest better anyway.
    Wouldn't the Aussies also get just as confused? Especially since Nobunga's Ambition is even more unheard of down under than here in North America? Just food for thought.

At least the Australian title is keeping true to roots.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Why can't the localisation team(s) just make up their minds and stick to one title? They did a similar thing for Rumble Blast, a.k.a. . . . Super Pokémon Smash or whatever they call it here. *checks* Super Pokémon Rumble. (What, do you expect me to know the name of a game I bought and played?) Last I checked, they didn't fix the spelling from the American version, so why change anything else?

I don't really mind what they decide to call it. The clear crossover Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition title or the Pokémon Conquest title that doesn't mention a virtually unknown series. Just as long as they are consistent.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    11th April 2012, 08:42 AM
  2. Pok
    Refback This thread
    11th April 2012, 12:09 AM