Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for June

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for June

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for June

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for June 18 ...

The official Pokémon site has announced that the spin-off crossover Nintendo DS game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition will have a North American release on June 18 under the name Pokémon Conquest.

Read more on Bulbanews
    The Outrage likes this.

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

Default Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for

Wow. I want, but no PAL dates yet? what a shame, such a pity.
    rubinek likes this.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for

No word of a lie, my initial reaction to reading this announcement was to shout "F--- YES!!!" at the top of my lungs.

I will definitely be buying this. I hope it's released in Europe on the 16th (As seems to be the standard now), because that's my little brother's birthday and he'll so want it.

Blog Entries

Wow, that was unexpected. June, eh? Wow, maybe they are getting faster with localization.
    Step into the Fairy circle

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

I don't really care if my brother wants it, I'm getting it for myself, especially since my GAME was moved further away from me....

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Excellent news. This should fill the hole left by Fire Emblem 12's non-release very nicely.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Pokemon Conquest? Not a fan of the name, but still interesting. This should fill the gap waiting for BW2 to come out in U.S. and PAL.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

Not sure why they changed the name, would have been a more appropriate introduction for the Nobunaga's Ambition series in the US.

I may consider getting it. I normally stray away from Pokemon spin-off games, barring Colloseum, Stadium, Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Ranch.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Nobunaga's Ambition has games in the US. Not many, but it does have some.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

What's scary about this is...what did I set as the Video Game section's Weekly Poll this week? "Do you want Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localised?".

Don't worry guys, I'll make sure that in the future I'll ask "Do you all want TPCi to give you every new Pokémon game for absolutely free?" and "Do you think the lottery numbers on the ticket you bought are the correct ones?" xD disclaimer: might not actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Not sure why they changed the name, would have been a more appropriate introduction for the Nobunaga's Ambition series in the US.

I may consider getting it. I normally stray away from Pokemon spin-off games, barring Colloseum, Stadium, Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Ranch.
    I imagine the decision was made to help it be more marketable to children. After all, the original press release still notes its connection to the Nobunaga's Ambition series (which has seen some of its games released in the past, but not many) and the title of the announcement on Pokémon.com even uses the word "Ambition".

Also, according to the screenshots on the official website, the characters' Japanese names have been kept, which is fantastic considering that y'know, they are based on real people.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Localization? Suuuhweeet. I'm going to make sure I get this.
    Last edited by Oswin; 4th April 2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Joshawott and Isaac Gravity like this.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I pray that it will come out in Australia.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

The name change kinda confuses me. I understand that it is to better appeal to Western audiences who probably have never heard of Nobunaga's Ambition due to its scarce number of English releases. However, I really expected Koei's reasoning to partner with Pokémon was to help promote itself (since Pokémon doesn't need any help promoting itself), particularly in the West where it is mostly unheard of; changing the title means that Pokémon gets all the glory, while Nobunaga's Ambition gets very little. The Pokémon.com article even says it is "...a nod to the classic game NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION..." as if it is merely a reference and not a fully fledged crossover. In other words, my guess is TCPi is doing to localizing a Koei is getting no say in it.

No Longer Screwed by April Fool's Day Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not, too excited, but I'll be getting it.
    Comes out right after my B-Day!

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

I've never played any game with the sort of mechanics this one apparently has. This'll be interesting to try out for sure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    5th April 2012, 04:59 AM