Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova' - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova'

  1. #16
    Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    690
    Blog Entries
    221

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Considering the events that will happen in this series (the Unova crisis, the league and the N episode) I felt that they could have had a better title (that was one thing I will give 4Kids - they were better at making season titles).
    I don't see how this is any worse than "Adventures on the orange islands" which is an official title on my 4kids season 2 boxset.

    The title isn't bad or great though I wonder if it's a throwback to orange islands in some ways. I mean the official Adventures to orange islands season going by TPCI's website and the Australian boxset actually has the end of indigo series with the 8th badge and the league then goes into Orange islands which is very similar to what season 16 is actually doing with Unova.

    My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

  2. #17
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    ...What a crappy title.
    What about "Pokemon: Adventures in the Orange Islands"?
    No one complained about that as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaminccino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Considering the events that will happen in this series (the Unova crisis, the league and the N episode) I felt that they could have had a better title (that was one thing I will give 4Kids - they were better at making season titles).
    I don't see how this is any worse than "Adventures on the orange islands" which is an official title on my 4kids season 2 boxset.

    The title isn't bad or great though I wonder if it's a throwback to orange islands in some ways. I mean the official Adventures to orange islands season going by TPCI's website and the Australian boxset actually has the end of indigo series with the 8th badge and the league then goes into Orange islands which is very similar to what season 16 is actually doing with Unova.
    That one wasn't really smacked in our faces though. I believe that title was only tagged on to the DVD release? Back when it aired, it was simply called "Pokémon".

  3. #18
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaminccino View Post
    The title isn't bad or great though I wonder if it's a throwback to orange islands in some ways. I mean the official Adventures to orange islands season going by TPCI's website and the Australian boxset actually has the end of indigo series with the 8th badge and the league then goes into Orange islands which is very similar to what season 16 is actually doing with Unova.
    With the major exception of the Orange Islands being a new territory for their time.

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,856
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    They should made it "Adventures iN Unova" with the "n" capitalized and green for you-know-who.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

  5. #20
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,413
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaminccino View Post
    The title isn't bad or great though I wonder if it's a throwback to orange islands in some ways. I mean the official Adventures to orange islands season going by TPCI's website and the Australian boxset actually has the end of indigo series with the 8th badge and the league then goes into Orange islands which is very similar to what season 16 is actually doing with Unova.
    With the major exception of the Orange Islands being a new territory for their time.
    And the Orange Islands were only in that one season, right?

  6. #21
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    And the Orange Islands were only in that one season, right?
    Yes, and that season was only 35 episodes long. Adventures in Unova should be about 40 episodes long, since it includes 9 episodes from the end of the Japanese Season 2, as well as the Episode N saga which should be roughly 30 episodes long assuming that Generation VI will be released next September.

  7. #22
    Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New Bark Town
    Posts
    675
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    ADVENTURES IN UNORIGINALITY WOOHOOO

    It gets the point across (and no one pays attention to the title anyways). I'm a person who prefers dubs over the original Japanese though, SO WUT DO I KNOW ABOUT ANIME LOL.

  8. #23
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    So yeah I guess plain names are in now whatever I just need my Meloetta to be distributed what the hell are they waiting for I have a gap in my Pokémon White Pokédex that needs to be filled in ASAP.

  9. #24
    Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    690
    Blog Entries
    221

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    ...What a crappy title.
    What about "Pokemon: Adventures in the Orange Islands"?
    No one complained about that as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaminccino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Considering the events that will happen in this series (the Unova crisis, the league and the N episode) I felt that they could have had a better title (that was one thing I will give 4Kids - they were better at making season titles).
    I don't see how this is any worse than "Adventures on the orange islands" which is an official title on my 4kids season 2 boxset.

    The title isn't bad or great though I wonder if it's a throwback to orange islands in some ways. I mean the official Adventures to orange islands season going by TPCI's website and the Australian boxset actually has the end of indigo series with the 8th badge and the league then goes into Orange islands which is very similar to what season 16 is actually doing with Unova.
    That one wasn't really smacked in our faces though. I believe that title was only tagged on to the DVD release? Back when it aired, it was simply called "Pokémon".
    True for back then. I do see it everywhere now though however I wouldn't know if that is considered smack in your face even if I fell over it. The title is so bland that despite all the sites advertising the DVD's, I rarely ever notice the title. XD

    I have a feeling this new series title is going to meet the same fate with me. I mean this new one is is just as bland so I doubt I'm going to really notice it no matter how much they put it in my face.

    For me it doesn't really matter in the long run. I'm hard to please title wise personally. I only considered 5 of the 16 titles creative and inspiring. Everything else I tend to not take notice of. I don't mind the other titles but I didn't find many of them anything to write home about. So I don't really dislike any title either.

    The ones I consider creative consist of 1 4kids title and 4 TPCI's titles. I tend to really like TPCI's titles when they are bothered to be creative. I mean a title like Battle dimensions was pretty awsome if you ask me.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 3rd December 2012 at 07:22 PM.

    My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

  10. #25
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Considering the events that will happen in this series (the Unova crisis, the league and the N episode) I felt that they could have had a better title (that was one thing I will give 4Kids - they were better at making season titles).
    Well tbh I liked 4Kids dub better than the current one: edits included. They seemed to have a lot of fun with it and the voice actors they had were awesome IMO and came across as really genuine as the characters. I think there are pros and cons to both dubs but that's just me.

    My opinion on pros:

    4Kids: Voice Actors for Main Chars; Music used for op/endings; More faithful scripts for TRio; Better replacement BGM (Taj used it with PUSA); Better titles for seasons
    TPCi: Fewer edits; More faithful scripts for protagonists; less BGM replacement; better title for eps.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 4th December 2012 at 01:40 PM.

  11. #26
    Registered User Teeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

    This could have been Season 14's title. I more interested in when it will begin airing. Probably end of January or begininng of February. Wonder what all episodes will be in it. They could have even called the title something like "Unova Battles" or something. But the title is fine as it is, I guess. Gets the point across.
    #PokemonXY 3DS XLs launch September 27th! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    2nd December 2012, 12:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •