Pokémon.co.jp updated: Art, new information revealed - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokémon.co.jp updated: Art, new information revealed

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon.co.jp updated: Art, new information revealed

They're still images of animated sprites. It happens.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

*this space for rent*

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

That's because it's zoomed in too much. They shouldn't do that on DS games...

Blog Entries

What's wrong with the sprite? It looks fine to me.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    What's wrong with the sprite? It looks fine to me.
    It's blurry/pixelated compared to the rest of the image. It looks completely out of place and there's no need for it. >_> Not to mention it's 2-d and the scenery is 3-d.
    *this space for rent*

I'm really curious about this internet connectivity feature.

I believe that there is hardly need for such an effort in order to enable a, say, 16-players tournament as Unown Lord suggests. While a feature like this would be really interesting, and I'm hopying we will see it in Black and White, it would be a thing fairly easy to do in any console ulitising Wi-Fi technology. And for sure, it doesn't require nearly as much of data transfer - which actually doesn't really have to do with the system's specs - as other multiplayer experiences on DS do.

The aforementioned feature, if we're talking about the same thing, could be given life through a wholy different system done on DS itself. One would have the option to either create a room with the desired rules - as in levels, single/double, allowed Pokemon, etc. - or join an already existing room. Now, I'm not sure if they would bother to do such a thing, but I can rest assured that it is totally possible.

As for the new feature as in uploading your save, I have really no idea! I remember seeing a post of Unown Lord mentioning something about the GTS site being updated. I could totally see this happening; trading from your computer, and then getting the save back to the cartage, updating the Boxes' content. But I still feel this is possible - as proven by DPT/HGSS online features - on DS, so, it wouldn't be necessary for them to build such a unique feature to solely use this way.

I could imagine an online hub on the old Pokemon Yahoo site style; though, I wouldn't base my hopes on such a possibility.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speaking of the Yahoo Site, anyone heard about a similar one for Pokemon Black and White?

The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Am I the only one that actually prefers the 2D sprites over using 3D models for the main series? Leave the full 3D to a console game like some sort of Colosseum style RPG. Plus the 2D sprites for the Pokemon games have a certain charm that is severely lacking in most other RPG series. (All we need are expressive features in these sprites and we'd be set.) Besides not all parts of the game are shot at close up angles anyways. I know people are going to find a way to counter my argument but it's my opinion.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

It just proves my point that we should have a full 3D overworld.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 3D overworld is awesome, but for some reason I prefer GF using sprites over 3D models. Just a personal preference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    And for sure, it doesn't require nearly as much of data transfer - which actually doesn't really have to do with the system's specs - as other multiplayer experiences on DS do.

The aforementioned feature, if we're talking about the same thing, could be given life through a wholy different system done on DS itself. One would have the option to either create a room with the desired rules - as in levels, single/double, allowed Pokemon, etc. - or join an already existing room. Now, I'm not sure if they would bother to do such a thing, but I can rest assured that it is totally possible.
    You seem pretty sure of that, but where is the evidence that the DS can pull it off? Every Wi-Fi feature is limited to its wireless counterpart in some way, and how many games even have 16-player wireless communication?

Besides, 16 is thinking small. Think more along the lines of 64 or 128 people, like in the official tournaments. You're also missing the required need to organize such tournaments; they should neither be random nor Friend Code-based for obvious reasons. How would the DS handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    You seem pretty sure of that, but where is the evidence that the DS can pull it off? Every Wi-Fi feature is limited to its wireless counterpart in some way, and how many games even have 16-player wireless communication?

Besides, 16 is thinking small. Think more along the lines of 64 or 128 people, like in the official tournaments.
    I'm not aware of any game that features 16-player wireless communication. I think Phantasy Star Zero features online communication of quite a few players, but I'm not exactly sure on the number. That said, I believe that DS' wireless limitations wouldn't deprive such possibility; games like Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime: Hunters, transfer a whole more data, including positions, items, powerups, etc.

In the said online tournament system, direct communication wouldn't necessarily be needed. The host would make a room, which could be accomodated on a Nintendo server. Other player joining the room don't need to directly communicate with the rest of the players, as data transfer can be handled by the server, rather than the DS system itself. Besides, each player would only need to communicate with their opponent, while the rest data would solely be the battles' results. I doubt this would even limit the number of players possible to join.

You're also missing the required need to organize such tournaments; they should neither be random nor Friend Code-based for obvious reasons. How would the DS handle that?
    The rooms system can be handled; with them having a name, or an ID, it would allow the host to be able to invite friends on the room, while random players could join if the host has opted on the respective option.

Now, this just wishful thinking. :P While I strongly believe DS can support a feature like this, I think that there are still some bars, such as Nintendo's Friend Codes policy and Game Freak bothering fixing an online system like this.

Maybe the announced feature could handle these non-technical limitations, and I certainly do hope so!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123