Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HG/SS Pokémon art released

Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HG/SS Pokémon art released

Like FireRed and LeafGreen brought about new art by Ken Sugimori of the 151 Pokémon introduced in Generation I, many long believed that remakes of Gold and Silver would bring about new Sugimori art of the 100 Pokémon introduced in Generation II. Their beliefs have now been verified.

Read more on Bulbanews

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HG/SS Pokémon art released

Finally I like Quagsire's new art. Many of them are just updated of the old GSC ones...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Is Pichu's even changed?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrMew View Post
    Is Pichu's even changed?
    No, if it was updated in FRLG it will not be updated. [I may be wrong.]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Seems on the site it's still the FRLG art, meaning Sugi got LAAAAAZY.

Blog Entries

Default Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Much like how Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen brought about new art by Ken Sugimori of the 151 Pokémon introduced in Generation I, the remakes of Gold and Silver now bring new Sugimori art of most of the Pokémon introduced in Generation II.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Much like how Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen brought about new art by Ken Sugimori of the 151 Pokémon introduced in Generation I, the remakes of Gold and Silver now bring new Sugimori art of most of the Pokémon introduced in Generation II.

Read more on Bulbanews

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Whooo,I am loving Tyranitar

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Default Re: Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Quagsire is the greatest.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Ultimate Trainer (I wish) monkeyjb1988's Avatar

This is the reason why I was hoping for Gold and Silver remakes. The new art looks great and doesn't look out of place next to their respective 1st, 3rd, and 4th generation evolutions. Aipom next to Ambipom always looked bad together. Now they look great together. I don't like some of the new poses, but my biggest hope has come true. I don't care how the games turn out, I got what I wanted.
    The only good human is a dead human!

Oops! Wrong franchise.

(Pikachu gives Monkeyjb1988 a Thunderbolt for being an idiot)

A thousand Meowth are looking up at the night sky with tears in their eyes. None of them will be looking for loose change tonight.

A thousand condolences to all Maddie Blaustein fans. She will be missed forever more. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Quagsire's is probably the best, whilst some like Magby and Tyrantitar felt more like fan sugmori. I love Kingdra, Gligar, Jumpluff and Crobat.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

It seems Sugimori's going too anime-ish, looking at how he recolored Gligar, turning it into pink like it's in the anime instead of the purple it had had for ten years.

Otherwise, most of the redraws are great, though some, like Foretress, Pineco and Mantine look like they only were re-colroed, which, added to the fact that the ones who got new art in FRLG weren't drawn, makes me think Sugimoir's gotten VEEERY lazy.

And as everybody, I'm loving Scizor's new art.

And I'm glad they're already in the Bulbapedia respective articles, although I must admit I'll miss the old arts.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The art'll still be on Bulbagarden, though. We're moving the old stuff to new filenames... and maybe eventually will put it in the articles...

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    The art'll still be on Bulbagarden, though. We're moving the old stuff to new filenames... and maybe eventually will put it in the articles...
    eh, I'm good for now. I'll live with the white backgrounds until we get better pics up.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

契約?

New art looks great, but I'm also disappointed with the recolors. I wanna cut the guy some slack and say, perhaps he was busy with generation five art, but...come on. After all these years, he still couldn't draw some new poses for these characters? Even if a remake was never made, most artists find it hard to just leave old designs alone. I also wish he'd stop trying to copy the anime style as well. Being inspired by the anime isn't bad, but I honestly thought his original look for the monsters and humans was much better...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    22nd March 2012, 04:49 AM