Pokémon cards allegedly link to adult website: QR code misdirects, shocks family - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Pokémon cards allegedly link to adult website: QR code misdirects, shocks family

Follow gekkouga on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon cards allegedly link to adult website: QR code misdirects, shocks family

I don't think the QR codes on those cards are supposed to be scanned; they're supposed to be scanned for the TCG Online to quickly register the code online. They may have not known this and scanned it, but still, redirecting to an adult website isn't good. :/
    current goals: shiny swirlix, shiny pancham

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon cards allegedly link to adult website: QR code misdirects, shocks family

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    Sounds like a hoax.
    Either what Gryffindor1991 said, or that.

Like, anyone remember the many other Pokemon controversies in the past? It seemed like more people only cared about making money from suing or by getting rid of the "latest kid fad".

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

This just frustrates me. I seriously doubt that a Pokemon QR code could lead to any website at all. If Mr. Lapp had paid attention, he also would have realized that the code is for use on the Pokemon TCGO website.

I agree with the many people who say it's a hoax. Either Mr. Lapp got caught with his pants down (pun intended) and needed to blame somebody, or the Napp family wants attention and/or money at the expense of Pokemon and Nintendo.
    Games, apps, and more!

Wow, my article actually got published! =D (I'm Bellsprout)

Anyway, I thought this could of been real until they tried the card again and it didn't go to the supposed "adult site" like they said it did. So I think it's a hoax as well.
    Last edited by TaiChiChasers; 16th February 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

The code cards are supposed to be scanned on the TCGO website. I use it all the time, when the scanning reacts it doesn't take you to another page. It just says wether the code is valid or not. This is a load of bull.

Blog Entries

KPTV is a Fox-affiliated television station servicing the Portland, Oregon market.
    I think that explains it all...

Blog Entries

Funny. Just yesterday I saw someone on YT who was shocked on how moving the Super Mario World cartridge on SNES can cause "Fuck You" appear on the special map. Also how it had a cursor on it.

That leads to my next point. Mr. Lapp, "Fuck You". :)

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Pics or it didn't happen.

Lies. All lies.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This thread made me lol so much. I never used TGC, so I have no knowledge on what's going on about their issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Marshall View Post
    Like, anyone remember the many other Pokemon controversies in the past? It seemed like more people only cared about making money from suing or by getting rid of the "latest kid fad".
    But the Pokemon fad died in the U.S. a decade ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    This thread made me lol so much. I never used TGC, so I have no knowledge on what's going on about their issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Marshall View Post
    But the Pokemon fad died in the U.S. a decade ago.
    It may not be as strong as it once were during the Gen I and II days, but it has picked up the pace as of IV.

When I meant "kill off the fad", I meant killing it off for good. We still got the games, the anime, the cards, the manga, the merchandise, and many other stuff. No, Pokemon in North America is not dead. That's like comparing it to Rare's Viva Pinata! franchise. Now that fad is dead.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

When I read this, I immediately remembered various other ridiculous stories from the past of Pokemon's history. The choking poke balls (fair enough but who let their child cover their mouth with it...), the Jynx sxandal (I wish they could just let Jynx be true to herself and be jet black not purple) and of course the age-old claims about the Pokemon theme when played backwards. This story is really just another one for the pile of silly things that people do. My guess is everyone else's: the Lapps are attention-cravers and made it up in an attempt to get a quick buck. Course since the test was repeated and failed, it may well end in disaster for them.

EDIT: not to mention, the news station is affiliated with FOX. Seriously, FOX. Who can take them seriously? They're even mocked by the shows they air.

El_
    Blog Entries

Sure, lets blame the Pokemon cards for our pervertedness, that sounds logical. /sarcasm

Then again, now I know what my next excuse is going to be lol
    Laterna likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by かわいいピカチュウ96 View Post
    KPTV is a Fox-affiliated television station servicing the Portland, Oregon market.
    KPTV didn't agree with it. They even checked the code themselves.

Blog Entries
    Add Dr.J on Facebook
    Visit Dr.J's Youtube Channel

l.s.h.m.s.f.o.a.i.d.m.t

laughing
    so
    hard
    my
    sumbrarow
    fell
    off
    and
    i
    dropped
    my
    taco
    mkman likes this.
    Come check out the GGNetwork channel :D gaming done by 8 other players. SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, AND CHECK OUT OUR FACE BOOK AND WEBSITE!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GGNetworkChannel

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by かわいいピカチュウ96 View Post
    KPTV didn't agree with it. They even checked the code themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    17th February 2012, 01:16 AM
  2. Pok
    Refback This thread
    16th February 2012, 04:54 AM