Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available; Gene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available; Gene

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available; Gene

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available; Genesect ...

North America sees the launch of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 for the Nintendo DS today, with Australian and European releases to follow later this week on October 11 and 12 respectively.

Read more on Bulbanews

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available;

I hope I get to buy Black 2 at least soon. :D

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 launch in North America: Dream Radar also available;

Really hope I get the chance to buy White 2 later. Also, just caught Tornadus on Dream Radar. Bought it at midnight in the eShop. I admit, it isn't so bad. :D
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Getting white 2 tomorrow...I WANT IT NOW.
    And I can't get dream radar until I get my 3DS repaired....:(

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar

Exciting. I look forward to it.

I've got to ask, (I've had some confusing and contradictory answers)
    Are these games region-locked?
    My DS is from North America, but I'm in Europe now. If I buy one of these when they come out on friday, will it work?
    Thanks

Add Kelleo on Facebook

@Bug Catcher Wade;: The DS is region-locked, yes. You'll have to buy a European DS to play a European copy of Black 2 or White 2.

I just bought Black 2 and the collector's edition B2W2 strategy guide today. :D

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to get it. However, dream radar is out of the question since I don't have a 3DS. I'm sure it's awesome.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Catcher Wade View Post
    Exciting. I look forward to it.

I've got to ask, (I've had some confusing and contradictory answers)
    Are these games region-locked?
    My DS is from North America, but I'm in Europe now. If I buy one of these when they come out on friday, will it work?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    @Bug Catcher Wade;: The DS is region-locked, yes. You'll have to buy a European DS to play a European copy of Black 2 or White 2.
    Correction they are only region locked if you are using a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS or the 3DS XL if you are using the original DS or the DS lite there will work just fine as the reason for the region lock is apparently a firmware lock out that's only designed for the newer systems because of the shop channel.
    Last edited by Zen-Aku; 9th October 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Correction they are only region locked if you are using a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS or the 3DS XL if you are using and original DS or the DS lite there will work just fine as the reason for the region lock is apparently a firmware lock out that's only designed for the newer systems because of the shop channel.
    Oh, really? I could've sworn that all DSs were region-locked. Oh well, oops. xP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Correction they are only region locked if you are using a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS or the 3DS XL if you are using and original DS or the DS lite there will work just fine as the reason for the region lock is apparently a firmware lock out that's only designed for the newer systems because of the shop channel.
    Oh, really? I could've sworn that all DSs were region-locked. Oh well, oops. xP
    Its a "new" common misconception about the entire DS line is region locked because of the DSi line however if you know your Nintendo history the DSi is the first Nintendo handheld EVER TO BE REGION LOCKED, Nintendo's home consoles on the other hand have always been region locked.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Its a "new" common misconception about the entire DS line is region locked because of the DSi line however if you know your Nintendo history the DSi is the first Nintendo handheld EVER TO BE REGION LOCKED, Nintendo's home consoles on the other hand have always been region locked.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining. xP

It's an idiotic move on Nintendo's part, to be honest. It cuts their sales at least a bit since people won't buy international DS lines because of the said misconception.
    Anyway, I'm still waiting here in the EU. I can hardly wait. Also, I am so glad to see the English names of the characters. Nate and Rosa...so much better than Hilbert and Hilda.

I'm finishing off the story on my Spanish black that I bought on holiday for Masudaing in preparation for that shiny charm in B2W2. Muahaha...

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Yeah. I only wish I'd known the girl character's name was Rosa BEFORE starting my game lol. So I could use it instead of my real name. It's definitely a much better name than mine.

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar

Thanks, guys.

So the machine can tell the region of the cartridge, even though the cartridge itself isn't region locked?

I can play Black or White 2 from Europe on a North American DSlite, but not a North American 3DS? right?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Catcher Wade View Post
    Thanks, guys.

So the machine can tell the region of the cartridge, even though the cartridge itself isn't region locked?

I can play Black or White 2 from Europe on a North American DSlite, but not a North American 3DS? right?

Thanks.
    I believe so, yeah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Pok
    Refback This thread
    11th November 2012, 08:37 AM