Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse ball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse ball

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse ball

Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse balloon

A decade of Pikachu will be celebrated at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this November. A balloon shaped like the franchise mascot will participate in the parade for the tenth straight year.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse

That balloon is so adorable. I'm not a huge fan of Pikachu, but he's just so cute there. 8D

Macy's Parade always makes me feel really nostalgic. I have no idea why O:

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Default Re: Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse

Yay for the only part of the parade I actually feel like watching!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
    Because it's filled with numerous icons from years past? (And on one occasion, RickRolling.)

Glad to see that Pikachu is flying once again. Sucks that I can't see it live, but what can you do?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

And it's times like this where I look at people and say, "And you're telling me pokemon isn't popular anymore?"

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    (And on one occasion, RickRolling.)
    Oh Arceus, I remember that. xD No, I don't think it's necessarily the characters in the parade that do it. I dunno. D: But I like it a lot :B

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I thought they retired the Pikachu baloon years ago, considering the franchises popularity in the states was going down after the start of Gen 3.....
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Probably will watch the parade for this, though I've never recalled actually ever watching it before..

Wonder if another meme will make an appearance? PokeBall balloon opens up and.. A WILD MUDKIP APPEARED?!

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Oh the Pikachu balloon, good times XD. 10th annaversaries are great times to break
    out something special, and I think Pika is enough of an icon to make random appearances even later on. I never have the patience to sit through watching the whole parade, I've seen it enough as a kid, but I'm glad they brought back Pika again.
    Last edited by Rayne; 13th December 2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Looking here isn't wrong, but go to the other thread to play along. =~_^=

-In Simple Harmony-

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    I thought they retired the Pikachu baloon years ago, considering the franchises popularity in the states was going down after the start of Gen 3.....
    As noted in the article, that was the first Pikachu balloon. We're onto the second one now :)

Wonder if they'll be rolling out a new Mario balloon this year in honor of the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

And guys, just to clarify, the original Pikachu balloon was retired and replaced in 2006 in honor of the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Red and Green, this balloon is the one that replaced it that year. Also, they aren't doing anything special this year; there has been a Pikachu balloon every year since the first one debuted 10 years ago.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

Blog Entries

Yea! Giant Pikachu! I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade every year. I get all happy and melt into my turkey and gravy lol. Mmmmm...gravy...

Anyways, back on topic, I like that Pikachu float. They should have other Pokémon (like Bulbasaur or something) floats, too. Then I would probably watch the whole thing. But probably not. Sometimes the parade gets boring. idk

Quote Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
    ...Did you watch it as a kid? That'd probably have something to do with it.

Also, I love the parade. The floats are awesome and the performances they do are fun.

Wonder if they're making any changes to the new balloon or if's exactly the same as the previous one?
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

FC: Mana (4914-3452-1470)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill (X)

Ten straight years? Wow, learn something new everyday. When I saw the entry, I thought Pikachu was retuning to the parade in order to get the hype up for the Black and White games or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th November 2011, 03:25 PM