Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3DS XL - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3DS XL

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo.com
    Nintendo is offering a special bonus for people who buy both a Nintendo 3DS XL system and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Anyone who registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system and either Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon with Club Nintendo between March 21 and April 30 will receive a code to download one of five Nintendo 3DS games for free: Super Mario 3D Land, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, Star Fox 64 3D or Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!
    The New Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL Hand-Held is Electrifying - Nintendo Official Site

There's also an alleged Target ad floating around that claims it'll only be $160 on launch day -- $40 cheaper than normal. While I hope it is legit, I'm not so sure it is because the people at my local Target have no idea about the ad. I showed it to their electronics guy on Sunday (3/17), and he said that Target doesn't release their ads in advance -- let alone two weeks in advance -- and that he's never heard of that happening. He also didn't even have the Pikachu XL in his system yet. The sale ad could be a hoax of some kind, or the people at my local Target could just be daft (which, given their history, may be the case.)
    While not circulated as widely as that Target ad, there's also a rumor that Toys 'R Us is selling the Pikachu 3DS XL for ten dollars less (USD 149) than the alleged Target ad. https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/313620110273306624/photo/1

And I've noticed that too. Ever since the announcement of the Pikachu 3DS XL, I've been stalking the four stores selling them and only two of them have them up (Toys 'R Us and GameStop). Which is quite frankly the only reason I've not already pre-ordered mine. Target who may or may not be giving the $40 off is still the only one that offers free shipping (for orders over $75).

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Default Re: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3D

While I had no plans on buying another 3DS, I may get this one. This is just too good of a deal (not to mention limited edition) to pass up. Of course, as someone stated earlier there is the hope for XY bundles. Which I would honestly prefer to a neon yellow one.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Blog Entries

Visit double trouble!'s Youtube Channel

Does anyone know how long these will be around?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by double trouble! View Post
    They dont usually set a date, just sell them as long as "supplies last

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by double trouble! View Post
    They dont usually set a date, just sell them as long as "supplies last
    And based on them selling out on day 1 in Japan, you'd better be quick.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Just a quick protip - Most WalMarts price match. If you have the physical ad and Target/Toys R Us is out of them and you have a WalMart near by- they might match the price! (Walmart is selling theirs for the retail value.)

I'm going to Toys R Us first thing Sunday morning to hopefully get one :3
    Dark Hurricane likes this.

Blog Entries

Unsure where I want to get mine because my Gamestop claims they may be getting it tomorrow, however I work at a target and kinda want to get it there to use my discount especially if it is actually going to be 159.99. I may buy at Gamestop and return it when i'm sure I can get one at target.

Please Help Hatch My Team :) I do my best to repay the favor but im sorry if i miss you

Has anyone had any luck finding one on shelves early? I've been to target and toys r us. Also are those sale prices confirmed? I may be waking up early Sunday if so

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

I won't get it. I don't have $200 spare to change, I won't get paid until April 2nd, I don't like Pikachu that much, I already own 2 DS - DS Lite and 3DS XL.... If they make a 3DS XL with the X&Y starters, I'll gladly spend on it instead. Pikachu and Me, not great combo.
    AiedailEclipsed likes this.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Kidd: Oh, someone bought me a Pikachu 3DS? Not bad, I think its kinda cute *takes a closer look, opens it and views the entirely open backside* ....its asymmetrical...it disgusts me!!!!! *shoots it to pieces*

JK I might... its adorable but the color seems too attractive, might get the Cosmic Black instead...
    Last edited by Dark Hurricane; 24th March 2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Black 2 FC: 1550-8618-8256 - I know this game is old but I still got it.
    Y FC: 2552-2097-7634

Friend Safari: Psychic....*sigh*

I picked mine up from target. They are on sale for $159.99 but they weren't joking when they say limited. They had 3 and one of them went to an employee on shift before they opened the doors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    I picked mine up from target. They are on sale for $159.99 but they weren't joking when they say limited. They had 3 and one of them went to an employee on shift before they opened the doors
    The employee may get in trouble the target buying guideline for employees is they aren't supposed to be allowed to purchase before or after store hours, and if its high demand merchandise they aren't supposed to buy until its had 30mins on the floor, plus we're only allowed to buy on breaks and lunches. I know doesn't help the situation just saying, and more on topic: got mine! Was second in line and we had four.

Please Help Hatch My Team :) I do my best to repay the favor but im sorry if i miss you

Blog Entries

omg only 3 and 4 in stock :0 that is really limited.
    Gone

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As of right now, only Walmart has the Pikachu 3DS XL available to ship to home. Of course, Walmart was also the last to list the 3DS on the website. Toys R Us and Target are offering $20 and $40 discounts respectively, but the only option to get those are in-store pick up, and checking from where I live, most of the nearby stores are already sold out. GameStop, in my area, is listing everything as "Low Stock", so I'm assuming they haven't updated within the last couple of hours. So does anyone want to take bets on how long these will take to sell out? lol

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

They aren't kidding by 'low stock'. My GameStop got 2 - count 'em - 2, my Walmart (which is tiny) didn't even get any, and Target got only 4 -- three of which were 'claimed' by employees in advance... I got the fourth, but I'm still annoyed by the nepotism of the situation.

If you want one and haven't gotten it yet, hurry up or you'll likely miss out! I think they're going to go the same way they did in Japan.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)