On the Origin of Species: Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile: Investigating the inspiratio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the Origin of Species: Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile: Investigating the inspiratio

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default On the Origin of Species: Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile: Investigating the inspiratio

On the Origin of Species: Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile: Investigating the inspirations behind ...

In another column exploring the likely cultural and zoological origins of Pokémon species, we take a look at the Treecko family.

Read more on Bulbanews

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile: Investigating the inspir

Nice article.

Treecko's definitely a favorite of mine, probably since I've loved geckos since I was little...although, in actuality, I'd scream if one ever touched me. I hate touching animals. :P

You should do Nosepass/Probopass next though...so many people bash it for being a poor design but, in my opinion, it's one of the best. :(

Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile: Investigating the inspir

Called it. But still, good article.

http://www.wimp.com/geckotalents/
    http://www.wimp.com/waterproofgecko/

Fun gecko videos which relate directly to the last parts of the article.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Great article. I love geckos and Treecko was the first Gen III Pokemon I owned, so I'm glad to see an article covering them.
    Thanks to MorruMaster14 for the awesome Broompoleon sprite!

I've always wondered why Sceptile has that strange tail. For being a "fast" species, it looks like the tail would slow it down and be too bulky for it to jump from branch to branch.

^me too... I thought it was slow because of its huge tail, then I saw its base speed was 120 and I was like "no way"...

anyway,
    I just love reptiles... first Charmander, now Treecko line...
    (I still believe Charmander looks more like a small lizard than a salamander, so don't hurry up correcting me)

It's amazing at just how similar in appearance Treecko and its real-life counterpart are; tail and all. o.o

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

And yet another awesome article! The suction ability of the geckos (and any wall-crawling lizards for that matter) is really a marvel, especially considering it is a work of nature. But new to me is that there are really lizards with leafy tails.

I noticed you have a great appreciation for Generation 3 Pokemon. What do you have to say about this, do they have the most relation with real life than the other ones, or you just like them in general (or other reasons)?

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But people, all of the gen 3 pokemon are boring , unimaginative, and just rip-offs of gen 1 and 2. Especially Treecko since it's 'just' a charmander-bulbasaur rip-off!

/snark

Anyways, the treecko line is one of my favorites, have always loved them since its first appearance <3

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh wow, I had no idea geckos could do that of climbing over anything. Structures smaller than light wavelengths? That's amazing.

This was a pretty good article. I quite overlooked geckos before... but these things are much more interesting than I thought! I think I have learnt my lesson, then. Don't overlook anything.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I remember some of the stuff about leaf-tailed geckos already, but still, a good article, because the Treecko line is one of my favorite Hoenn evolutionary lines.

Blog Entries

This was another great article. I have always liked Treecko and his evolutions. I didn't know about geckos with leafy tails, that's incredible. And their ability to climb any surface is amazing, it shows us how imaginative and creative nature can be.

Confusing Post Syndrome Fern 24's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the best articles yet. I remember reading something about trying to replicate the adhesive in a National Geographic.
    I ship my Avatar & Oshawott! - Inheritance fans, unite!

I've always loved lizards and especially gecko's...no surprise that the Treecko line are among my favourite Pokemon! Loved the article as always, keep up the good work!
    Heart Gold Friend Code: 4340-5634-3185

I have turned away from you and I am Godless / A wasteland of poison, a hidden fortress
    I have blackened out the stars and hidden frequencies / I have silenced all the waves and forbidden secrecies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast