On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémo - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémo

Trust me, I'm the Doctor. rockman0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Po

Great article as always. And yes, you managed to creep me out this week too. :S

Can't wait for Wednesday!

P.S. I know this may sound noobish, but who or what is Tanabuta? ~
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies.
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    When a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the loss.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Po

Quote Originally Posted by rockman0 View Post
    P.S. I know this may sound noobish, but who or what is Tanabuta? ~
    Tanabata is a Japanese festival that occurs around July (I think). It is about the story of the milky way and lovers. . .

As a tradition, many children write wishes down on tags (like on a jirachi's head) and then tie them onto trees in the hopes that they will be granted.

Anywho, that paras/parasect article was awesome.
    A wild RedMagikarp has appeared!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyYanmega View Post
    The Giratina in Platinum being "Intimidated" by a Shinx. It freaking rules hell! And yet is intimidated by a little blue plushie lion cub.

will take over the world renzolomfis's Avatar

I absoutely LOVE your articles.
    i tell myself that i hate how long they are but asi read them i just get so interested its incredible!
    my favourite so far has been the poochyena/ mighteyena just to let you know.
    You are one of the best things for bulbapedia in a long time!
    well done :D
    friend code for white 0561 6764 0373
    Don't be stupid

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, this article creeps me out :S, but I still love it. Now that I think about it, what about the bulbasaur family? They also have a plant on their backs?

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

i really look forward to them. I can't wait for the next one. Sometimes I make my mom read them too!
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

That was kinda creepy, but I'm still proud to own a Parasect! XD

an actual briefcase droppedtheliftkey's Avatar

That was really quite something and aslo disgusting a bit. Interesting as always.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
    Ok, this article creeps me out :S, but I still love it. Now that I think about it, what about the bulbasaur family? They also have a plant on their backs?
    The Bulbasaur family is instead an example of a mutual symbiosis. (which gives them the poison dual type) Unlike parasitism, both organisms are beneficial to each other. I would assume apporting inorganic and organic nutrients, plus movility etc is bulbasaur's case, but for example there's a sea tube worm that lacks digestive system, and relies on the organisms inside it to do it as they take their own ration of the same food.

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

I see the resemblance, the claws!

Any can't wait for whatever is next, the clue points to Jirachi for me, tomorrow.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Amazing article! Now you've forever compelled me towards using parasect on my teams. Those zombie eyes...

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Ok so I never realized that they were both cicadas which is cool. I kinda feel bad for Parasect, b/c its eyes are whited out because its possessed...what would a Paras/Parasect w/o mushrooms look like? Is there another state in which Paras and Nicada could share a baby? Because that'd be awesome...

Lastly, this kinda of thing CAN happen to people too (more though a stange disease than spores)...if anyone has ever heard of the tree man, you know what I mean. If not, go look it up (sry CNN was the 1st link): http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/10/02/treeman.wart.skin.disorder/index.html

Blog Entries

Awesome column. Parasect has always been a favorite of mine. I had no idea that the tochukaso was an actual real-world fungus.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Very good read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12