On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémo

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémo

On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Pokémon

In another column exploring the likely cultural and zoological origins of Pokémon species, we take a look at Paras and Parasect, the Mushroom Pokémon.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Po

Ewww Parasect =/= aphrodysiac =D

Good article though. Kinda weird that both the Paras line and the Nincada line are based off the same things.

Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Paras and Parasect: Investigating the origins behind Po

It's about time this one came along. Good read as always!

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I had a feeling Parasect would be next.

Those blank eyes i has... The poor thing.

Whilst I always enjoy these reads, I loved this one especially. Great job George, it's always great to see the spotlight on the more obscure Pokemon in the franchise.

Blog Entries

Yeah I had seen something like that on tv once where they showed the whole process in a quick time lapse... Needless to say it's rather disturbing to watch.

Nice article. Looking forward to the special one Wednesday.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Nice read. I admit, I'm a bit disgusted with this relationship, but everyone else has to admit, it's quite freaky.

And the mention of Tanabata at the end brings Jirachi to mind...
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Interesting, I always thought they were to be based off of crabs.

Blog Entries

Another great article!

Also, I'm quite glad you didn't manage to rustle up a fast-forward gif this time around :p
    HeartGold FC: 0732-9993-6192

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Yeah, that last gif freaked me out.

What can I say? I'm quite easy to disgust.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nooooo I was making a huge post about Jirachi and accidentally deleted it! ;_;

I saw this one coming when you mentioned something bad at the Nincada thread... Good that you didn't find that animation I saw of the thing growing though, as an insect-lover of sorts I found THAT really creepy...

And now I realize that it is indeed WORSE than the real thing. I mean, just think about breeding! The eggs are BORN with the parasite!

Anyways... If you are going to write about Jirachi, could I request a few things?
    First is about its "Eye of Truth"... I thought it was about seeing what one truly wishes, parallel to a belief that we have a real wish beyond other vain desires or something... But I don't know much about that.

Now, about why is it asleep for 1000 years... I don't know if that amount of time is connected to tanabata (which shows how much I know), but maybe it is a reference to the story of the 1000 sandals? The seven days it is awake are easilly paralell to Tanabata being the seventh day of the seventh lunar month and being strongly linked with the number in general.

And there's also why did they choose to use желать as its name instead of one more closely related to tanabata... I mean, there's the wishing thing, but I find it strange they'd pick a Russian word...

Yes, I like Jirachi a lot... Tanabata is something I'd have liked to go to... Sorry for going offtopic like that!

wahoo!
    I love this particular breed for the darker undertone of the species. I have wanted this artical to read from the start, I am so glad it came and it was still so interesting, even though i have read about these fungui all over the place when reading about ants and their lives. educational, and not to grousom, just right.

a super duper read!!!

Yeah I really enjoyed this one and I remember seeing the particular fungus on the Planet Earth series on Discovery. It was really gross the first time but nonetheless really interesting and I would have never thought that this was incorporated into the Paras family.

BRING BACK DEXTER!!!!

Blog Entries

This article made me shudder. Well, you did say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Seriously though, if you're all grossed out by this then I don't know how you're gonna handle next week's article...
    And you were right.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

A lot of Pokemon seem to have sinister origins, and I find these articles so interesting! I though Paras was some sort of hermit crab, but I didn't expect Cordyceps! I don't find them gross at all, they're pretty interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast