On the Origin of Species: Nincada, Ninjask and Shedinja: Investigating the inspiratio - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On the Origin of Species: Nincada, Ninjask and Shedinja: Investigating the inspiratio

Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Nincada, Ninjask and Shedinja: Investigating the inspir

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    B-but... surely a cicada emerging from its skin is one of the most beautiful sights in nature... right?

I thought so >.>

Seriously though, if you're all grossed out by this then I don't know how you're gonna handle next week's article...
    I liked the animation... especially the green wings on the newly molted cicada. I always knew what the Nincada-family was based on, but I didn't realize how much thought went into the thought process of their creation.

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Nincada, Ninjask and Shedinja: Investigating the inspir

B-but... surely a cicada emerging from its skin is one of the most beautiful sights in nature... right?

I thought so >.>

Seriously though, if you're all grossed out by this then I don't know how you're gonna handle next week's article...
    Someone else might think it's beautiful, but I don't. ;D;

I am scared now for next's week article, but nevertheless I will force myself to read it.

Super Special Awesome! AbbyNormal's Avatar

I thought so >.>

o.0

SWEET! Now I'm excited. :p
    ~AbbyNormal

Favorite Smiley: !

Spirit of the Divine Wind Kamikazen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Interesting. I always thought the Nincada line was based off of another insect. This clears up some things about my conception of the line.

I get a swarm of Brood XIX cicada's next year!! YAY!! (or not...)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Heart Belmont View Post
    Well, you can bypass poison by setting up a Safeguard...
    There's still Stealth Rock, which is far more common.

Using Shedinja is one the most awesome experiences. Watching it slowly take your opponents team while they can't even touch it... Now thats just evil in an awesome way.

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

Who wants to swap house? My lovely England for your lovely USA?
    I want to see this next year!
    The prime numbers interested me but I'm a nerd so anyway.

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

OMG! I HAVEN'T SEEN THESE LITTLE THINGS SINCE LIKE I WAS SIX! AND I GET TO SEE THEM NEXT YEAR YAY <3

Anyway, great article.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh my, are you going to do that brain-eating parasitic fungus?

On a positibe light, I obviously found it beautiful spreading its green wings like that. Also, Nincada.

Blog Entries

I am so glad that I won't be in TN during next summer. All of those Nincada are gonna bother the whole state.

Rev
    Blog Entries

I saw a nymph cicada this afternoon, but I would have had no idea what it was if it wasn't for this article and that pic :O. Weird looking things :L
    White~1248 9177 2603~White
    Platinum~0604 5276 0111~Platinum

~My RNG babies and captures~

I love your articles and I wish there were Cicadas in my area :( They sound so neat... (I'm a Californian)

A professor at my university studies them and gave a lecture to my Entomology Club. Amazing little dudes...too bad they don't last that long above ground..

I would love to see a Cicada in person, and I'm also curious to hear how annoying they really are. I kind of knew about Nincada's inpiration before this, but it's still a great read.

Also, this image kind of creeps me out:

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

This was a neat article but the second seems to be a bit misleading as applying to most cicada. Some types are on a considerably shorter cycle, even as short as just yearly.

They also have other ways of defending themselves, ever tried to grab a cicada before?

Well if you haven't before, don't because they will SCREAM and it will be worse than any of the rattling or buzzing they do from up in the trees.

Blog Entries

What annoys me even more than the cicada hatching, is the fact that it's on a towel roll for hours without anyone noticing? I would have beat the shit out of the creatin.
    I'm easy to talk to; send me a VM

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Muffin View Post
    What annoys me even more than the cicada hatching, is the fact that it's on a towel roll for hours without anyone noticing? I would have beat the shit out of the creatin.
    ... You cruel, cruel woman. :'(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast