On the Origin of Species: Mawile: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the Origin of Species: Mawile: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default On the Origin of Species: Mawile: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

On the Origin of Species: Mawile: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

In another column exploring the likely cultural and zoological origins of Pokémon species, we take a look at the Deceiver Pokémon, Mawile.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Mawile: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Interesting indeed. Mawile has always been one of my favorites.

I didn't know much about futakuchi-onna though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Mawile: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Woot! Charles darwin aint got nothing on these articles!

URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

Blog Entries

You have proved again while your editorials are the best on Bulbanews.

While I have never been a fan of Mawile, its inspiration is fascinating. Can't wait to read the next one.

when i was first playing ruby i thought this pokemon was really cool looking and thought it was neat. but then started fighting with it...not so great...

Iv'e always liked Mawile and it's inspiration is pretty interesting. Nice article.

Ol' Brown Eyes is back Jesse GS the II's Avatar

I really enjoy these Origin of the Species articles. I'm always intrigued by the connections that Pokémon share with Japanese culture and folklore, and I'm learning a lot this way. Keep 'em coming!
    This is my DeviantArt. Pretty neat, huh?

Jouto Redux
    One fan's re-imagining of the Jouto saga
    Read Chapter 6 now!

Sandstorm Trainer Carefree Cradily's Avatar

Very cool article, I always thought Mawile was awesome, even though I've never actually used one. It was nice hearing about the myth it's based on.

I hope it gets an evolution in Gen V too!

.:{Black & White}:.

Mawile's one of the few Pokemon from Gen III whose design I really liked, and this article was really interesting to read. Nice job!

Certified Renard fanboy Magnagarde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dam fine article.

I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't want a new evo. I'm afraid the cuteness factor would be ruined. In my Ruby playthrough, it has yet to be knocked out. I love Mawile to bits.
    3DS FC: 2380-3776-6603

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Very cool--it's always fun to learn about where the Pokemon came from.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

Very well written.

...why the hell is this it's own article? The Bulbapedia article has a link to the wikipedia article on the futakuchi-onna anyway, making this even more pointless.
    So.

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another interesting article.

Mawile is a very overlooked Pokemon, as it seems though that its version exclusive counterpart, Sableye gets a bit more attention due to its immunity to most types.

I haven't ever completely gotten Mawile though, in its official artwork are the teeth coming from its horn and you are looking at its back?

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

moa

yes in the official art we are looking at his back, and his back sprite is his front, weird but awesome, mawile really needs an evolution.

๑๑-•¨°º¤ø„º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„ ๑๑-• ๑๑-•ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º- ๑๑-
    ________________________ ___________________________

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast