On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BulbaBot
  • 1 Post By Zeb

Thread: On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

As part of a returning series exploring the likely cultural and zoological origins of Pokémon species, we take a look at Magikarp.

Read more on Bulbanews
    MegaCharr likes this.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

It certainly has been a while since we last saw a Origin of the Species article, so this came as a nice surprise to me. Great read as usual.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the Origin of Species: Magikarp: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

This was a really nice surprise. Great piece, as always, Bikini.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Damn, it's been so long since the last articles. I've missed these; I'm excited to read the rest. This will be a cool thing to pass the time until XY release too, huh.
    MegaCharr likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Boy, it's been a while since the last Origin of Species report. I really missed them, since they were a lot of fun to read, as well as learn some interesting facts from them. Can't wait to see what other Origin of Species reports well be getting. Nice reporting.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Been a while since we've seen one of these. I actually kinda missed them, and was (coincidentally?) just thinking about it the other day. Even though i've heard the Magikarp origin before, it's still nice to see this back, and i can't wait to see what's to come in the coming weeks.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

This is a very interesting article. I should check out the other pokemons as well!! Hopefully, there will be a day when all 600+ pokemons are covered :D

I might have almost screamed when I saw that there was a new On the Origin of Species - updated yesterday, no less! I'm far more excited for more of these than X and Y, honestly. Anyway, great article, but I already knew everything in this one, so it was a slight disappointment. v_v Oh well. Can't wait for the rest.

Blog Entries

Nice to see these back, a great series of articles