Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGSS Po

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGSS Po

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGSS Po

Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGSS Pokémon

Oha Suta aired new information about transferring Pokémon from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver to Pokémon Black and White. The feature, called "PokéShifter", will allow players with two DS systems to transfer their Pokémon to the Generation V games in a Pal Park-like manner. Pokémon caught via PokéShifter will presumably be caught in a timed minigame.

Read more on Bulbanews

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGS

Well, that's a nice, convenient way of keeping compatibility regardless of changes in the data structure.

This means some Gen I-IV Pokémon will be getting new abilities, I bet.

Blog Entries
    Follow CuboneKing On Twitter
    Visit CuboneKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Oha Suta reveals BW transfer feature: 'PokéShifter' to allow transfer of DPPt/HGS

Do we know if we can send them back?
    ALFALFA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan
    People who haven't played Mario Kart haven't lived their life to the fullest.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Oh, good god...PLEASE be genuine!!

How will this even work...? 2 DS's... But how do you...? How do you get your Gen 4 games to do that...?

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Who knows. Probably going to be an option on the load file menu, like how you connect to the Wii.

Expedient Exaggerator Darkeiya's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Darkeiya On Twitter
    Follow Darkeiya on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CuboneKing View Post
    Do we know if we can send them back?
    It's said to work like Pal Park, so it can be presumed that it's a permanent transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bttsstewart View Post
    How will this even work...? 2 DS's... But how do you...? How do you get your Gen 4 games to do that...?
    The same way that you trade and battle between Gen 4 games-- using wireless. And if it's similar to Pal Park, then it'll probably involve taking only boxed Pokémon.

Blog Entries

Pokémon caught via PokéShifter will presumably be caught in a timed minigame.
    Honestly what the fuck is the point of this?
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Permanent Transfer: DO NOT WANT

What happened to the old method of time travel? Yeah, it was implausible, BUT AT LEAST YOU COULD TRADE BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeiya View Post

The same way that you trade and battle between Gen 4 games-- using wireless. And if it's similar to Pal Park, then it'll probably involve taking only boxed Pokémon.
    So you turn on your Gen 5 and select "PokeShifter".
    Then you turn on your Gen 4 game and... select...?

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    Permanent Transfer: DO NOT WANT

What happened to the old method of time travel? Yeah, it was implausible, BUT AT LEAST YOU COULD TRADE BACK.
    What do you want to trade back for...? I've never felt the need to transfer a Pokemon back to a GBA game.

Permanent Transfer: WILL LIVE WITH

Registered User MyPokemonCollection's Avatar

I had a feeling this was coming. Their are probably going to be several Pokemon unobtainable in the new games and this transfer may be the only way to get them. It will be most likely set up like the old transfer but you will need 2 ds instead of one.

Blog Entries

Eh, hope it's a little more fun than Pal Park. PP was just a game of hide-and-seek: you just kept running around in circles until you came across one of the six you sent over. Sometimes you forget where certain ones you sent over are and lose time searching in the wrong spot. Sometimes I forget what I even sent over. Most of the time, it's just to pull the cool rare items out and throw away whatever Zigzagoon-ish it came with.

I hope this timer thing is the same as Pal Park and only determines a bonus prize. I don't want to have to try multiple times recatching Pokémon.

But rare Berries don't matter that much to me anyway. Timer means nothing unless I can't get my Pokémon. In fact, I just wish they'd hand me what got transferred over, finish it fast. But I know that won't ever happen.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bttsstewart View Post
    So you turn on your Gen 5 and select "PokeShifter".
    Then you turn on your Gen 4 game and... select...?
    Okay. You got PBR or Ranch? Try and connect your DS to it. Usually there's no option on the main menu, but the Wii sends out a signal that makes one appear that says "Connect to Wii". Presumably, that'd be what the Gen V games do. Send out a wireless signal that'd draw the Pokémon out of the Gen IV game when selected on the main menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Honestly what the fuck is the point of this?
    Pal Park did it.

Yeah, Pal Park did it. Doesn't make it any less tedious, time consuming, or pointless.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Okay. You got PBR or Ranch? Try and connect your DS to it. Usually there's no option on the main menu, but the Wii sends out a signal that makes one appear that says "Connect to Wii". Presumably, that'd be what the Gen V games do. Send out a wireless signal that'd draw the Pokémon out of the Gen IV game when selected on the main menu.
    OOH!!! Awesome! Okay then.

Well, I hope there's not a 6 per day rule, like with Pal Park... That just...sucked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast