Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept. 14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept. 14

Default Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept. 14

Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept. 14, 2010

The official Pokémon site for the Global Trade Station feature present in the Generation IV Pokémon games is set to close on September 14.

Read more on Bulbanews

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept

The GTS has/had it's own website?

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official site for Global Trade Station announces closure: Site to close down Sept

Yes, a lame and useless one at it. I never saw the point in it. Good, its gone.

Blog Entries

As long as the GTS in the game isn't somehow turned off, or the wifi since they should know that there will be people still playing D/P/P/HG/SS
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Trust me, I'm the Doctor. rockman0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the little "live trades" they would show where Pokemon were jumping from one part of the globe to another was real.

Anyways, the site was fun for about 30 minutes. After that, I lost complete interest in it, so not really gonna miss it. Like the above post said, as long as the in-game GTS is still working, I'm fine.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies.
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    When a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the loss.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

I wonder for how long the Generation IV GTS and Wi-Fi Battle Tower will remain functional.

Until Gen VI's debut on 3DS which will pull a Gen III and make previous gens incompatible.

Or something.

Also, "may probably" from the article is cool.

I forgot about that site. I checked it out before I had wifi and forgot about it.

Since Gen V is coming out it's obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    I wonder for how long the Generation IV GTS and Wi-Fi Battle Tower will remain functional.
    I've wondered this too... Hopefully still some years after Black and White.

But anyway, I loved watching GTS site every one and then. It looked really cool, even it was really useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    Since Gen V is coming out it's obsolete.
    It's not obsolete since the Generation IV GTS is a separate feature. Besides, the Global Link site apparently won't track the trades in the Generation V GTS, either. However, the GTS site was never very helpful due to having no effect on the games themselves; the real question is if the new GTS will have improved search functions like the ones this site had.

It was a pretty mediocre site anyway. Wasn't it for, what, looking for people? The ingame GTS did that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    It was a pretty mediocre site anyway. Wasn't it for, what, looking for people? The ingame GTS did that for you.
    It is a mediocre site since it doesn't affect gameplay. But the site does show how limited the in-game GTS is; it shows all the Pokémon desposited into the system (rather than just the seven search results that come up first), as well as their moves. Of course, the GTS' biggest flaw is making it impossible to search for Pokémon you haven't seen, which is a problem the site obviously doesn't have (although that doesn't change anything in the games).
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th August 2010 at 09:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Does it say 11:00 AM PST when you guys open the bulbanews page?

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell the problems how big your God is..
    The awesome banner is by Blazaking EX.

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The music was the most annoying thing...

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I won't miss him. However, I hope this doesn't mean that the GTS o¡itself will be shot down soon. I still need to trade many Pokémon to complete my Dex.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast