Official Pokémon Magazine to launch in UK: Special 3 month subscription discount avai

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fennekin

Thread: Official Pokémon Magazine to launch in UK: Special 3 month subscription discount avai

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Official Pokémon Magazine to launch in UK: Special 3 month subscription discount avai

Official Pokémon Magazine to launch in UK: Special 3 month subscription discount available

Future Publishing, the publisher of the Official Nintendo Magazine, revealed that they will begin publishing the new "Official Pokémon Magazine". It will be a monthly magazine dedicated to the Pokémon franchise, featuring news on the games, TV series, movies and trading card game.

Read more on Bulbanews

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official Pokémon Magazine to launch in UK: Special 3 month subscription discount

I am curious as to what this magazine will feature. I mean, will it have enough content to justify a monthly schedule, when even the previous seasonal magazine had to have lots of filler space? Chandra has said on the ONM forum that it will be quite different to ONM though.

Another thing I'm wondering is, as TPCi seems to be synchronising international news with Japanese (like the Nintendo Direct and Sylveon's reveal), could this magazine feature CoroCoro news in the same month as Japan? (Although looking at the tentative publication dates of subsequent issues...I doubt we'll get news 2 weeks before Japan).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Pokémon Magazine to launch in UK: Special 3 month subscription discount

Sure close down Nintendo Gamer a 20 year plus legacy magazine that deserved to exist much more then ONM, but for all means have a 50 page magazine based on nothing but fan wank dribble. Not trying to cause a flame war her, but future doesn't deserve any money for this after what they did to Nintendo Gamer. I'm also assuming this is so little UK kids can get their XY info off of an overpriced magazine every month instead of the internet so future can make a sweet little profit. God I hate things like this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Lol, Ash looks like a midget.

I think he's shrinking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Sure close down Nintendo Gamer a 20 year plus legacy magazine that deserved to exist much more then ONM, but for all means have a 50 page magazine based on nothing but fan wank dribble. Not trying to cause a flame war her, but future doesn't deserve any money for this after what they did to Nintendo Gamer. I'm also assuming this is so little UK kids can get their XY info off of an overpriced magazine every month instead of the internet so future can make a sweet little profit. God I hate things like this.
    I imagine that Nintendo Gamer and ONM would have cannibalised each other's sales, both being about the same subject and all. So when it came to cutting one of them down, the one with the "Official" tag was an obvious choice for the one to live.

With Official Pokémon Magazine though, it won't affect the sales of another of Future Publishing's magazines as much; people will study ONM for news about Nintendo and general and the Pokémon fans will probably buy both, which they possibly wouldn't have done with Nintendo Gamer and ONM (I know I didn't).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    I imagine that Nintendo Gamer and ONM would have cannibalised each other's sales, both being about the same subject and all. So when it came to cutting one of them down, the one with the "Official" tag was an obvious choice for the one to live.

With Official Pokémon Magazine though, it won't affect the sales of another of Future Publishing's magazines as much; people will study ONM for news about Nintendo and general and the Pokémon fans will probably buy both, which they possibly wouldn't have done with Nintendo Gamer and ONM (I know I didn't).
    Sure, but I'm still bitter about the better choice being shut down. :p

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I wonder if this is the reason TPCi had Beckett cease Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector.

TPCi files lawsuit against popular magazine publisher - Bulbanews

I really hope they consider doing this in the United States as well.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    I wonder if this is the reason TPCi had Beckett cease Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector.

I doubt it. I mean, that article is almost 3 years old.

Blog Entries

So that's what happened to that old magazine... Huh.

That being said, if the contents of this new 'zine are anything like Beckett's, I'm not going to feel too left out. All the important news is going to be posted online the minute the relevant issue is available, anyway. -shrug-

Wait, they have nice, official-art posters and stickers? Now I want.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

The poster is just the starter art on a blue background, nothing special. If they do however give us some proper exclusive art posters then I'm all for it.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

So that's what happened to that old magazine... Huh.

That being said, if the contents of this new 'zine are anything like Beckett's, I'm not going to feel too left out. All the important news is going to be posted online the minute the relevant issue is available, anyway. -shrug-

Wait, they have nice, official-art posters and stickers? Now I want.
    Agree. Promo cards too.

I still have a few of the old Beckett's/ Pojo/ etc unofficial magazines in my bedroom bookshelf.