Official Black and White site updated: Game screenshots added

Thread: Official Black and White site updated: Game screenshots added

Default Official Black and White site updated: Game screenshots added

Official Black and White site updated: Game screenshots added

The official website for Pokémon Black and White Versions has been updated with six screenshots from the upcoming games.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Official Black and White site updated: Game screenshots added

Everything looks pretty good, but the battle screen has left me a bit worrisome.

Zorua's sprite is a bit... lacking and Zoroark's sprite has just been double up instead of drawn at full size. In the latter case, I hope the doubling up is part of the battle animation; which would also explain the disjointed shadow. Actually, the entire scene isn't very nice to look at. (Though at this point, it's most likely just be a beta shot, there's still plenty of time to fix things up).

I wasn't expecting too much of a graphical shift from DPP, but I'm liking the look of actual sized cities... but they need much more NPCs in them. The city sky box in the bridge screenshot is a pretty nice touch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Emarrel View Post
    Everything looks pretty good, but the battle screen has left me a bit worrisome.

Zorua's sprite is a bit... lacking and Zoroark's sprite has just been double up instead of drawn at full size. In the latter case, I hope the doubling up is part of the battle animation; which would also explain the disjointed shadow. Actually, the entire scene isn't very nice to look at. (Though at this point, it's most likely just be a beta shot, there's still plenty of time to fix things up).

I wasn't expecting too much of a graphical shift from DPP, but I'm liking the look of actual sized cities... but they need much more NPCs in them. The city sky box in the bridge screenshot is a pretty nice touch too.
    I think that the camera is going to be adaptive and that's why both sprites seem to be distorted (Zoroark increased in size, Zorua decreased in size)

I do have a problem with a line in this article though

As reported earlier by Bulbanews and confirmed by Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Black and White will be released in Japan this year.
    Do you not think it was confirmed by the press release that Bulbanews originally got the names from?
    Last edited by Serebii; 15th April 2010 at 08:06 AM.
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

My boyfriend (who ironically doesn't like Pokémon) suggested that maybe when you're in rural town the camera is zoomed in slightly and when you're in large cities the camera zooms out slightly.

I really hope though you can adjust the camera angle at your will. I don't like the view in the city screenshot where it's really zoomed out from the player.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Do you not think it was confirmed by the press release that Bulbanews originally got the names from?
    Of course it was, we just never put an article out about what happened on Pokémon Sunday. This was my way of combining the two into one.

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    Of course it was, we just never put an article out about what happened on Pokémon Sunday. This was my way of combining the two into one.
    Still, in the definition of confirmation, it was confirmed by the original press release and so its inclusion was redundant.
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Well wasn't Diamond and Pearl planned to be released 2005.
    PM Me and I'll register your 3DS FC 2707 1776 0987
    I also need a Magmar or Helioptile Friend Safari.

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

...Am I the only one who thinks the male PC looks a lot like Jaden Yuki?

In the bridge screenshot, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but what's that red thing on the NPC? What are those things in the cave? It looks like rain.

Looks like the female protagonist has black hair.

The camera angels look odd but I'm sure you can fix the angels at your will.

Being able to adjust the camera is something I've been wanting too; I don't like having to hack into the games in order to do so, it's too much of a pain in the arse.

With those skyscrapers and the appearence of cars (not counting the trucks in RBY and RSE), maybe this will be the most urban of the regions? Personally, it would excite me for there to be really large cities with tons of things to do, outside of the same things we've seen in the past four generations.

Wow, that last sentence was long and poorly written. 6__9

The zooooming out could work but that would just kill it o.o im not saying it wouldnt work but yea..

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

I like the new perspective, and I bet the 3D sections in HG/SS were leading up to this.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    In the bridge screenshot, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but what's that red thing on the NPC? What are those things in the cave? It looks like rain.

Looks like the female protagonist has black hair.

The camera angels look odd but I'm sure you can fix the angels at your will.
    I'll bet the two that are at weird angles are from the intro, like in D/P/Pt where it zooms over a bunch of Sinnoh. Then again, maybe not.

Something I noticed in the Pokecenter/mart image: The text box points to the person talking. That'll be nice in case you don't know who's talking XD

Pokemon Quiz Results!

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

Hm. This new Region seems urban, so thats kinda neato. About the camera angles...im not so sure. I hate dealing with camera angles, and just think of what it would be like in a Pokemon game? Ah! If anything I hope it auto-adjusts the camera angle. Another thought- Where is this new Region located in correlation to the other Regions? Im betting on north, west, or northwest of Kanto.