October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions rev
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions rev

Default October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions rev

October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions revealed

The newest edition of CoroCoro Comics magazine has revealed some new Pokémon X and Y-related information, including new Mega Evolutions, Abilities and more.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions

I don't want to sound like I'm hating, I like this Gen a lot so far, but Haribōgu just looks dumb.

Blog Entries

Default Re: October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions

Hmm, very nice. Very nice indeed. I like Fennekin's evolution a lot, and Froakie's looks pretty cool, too. Chespin's looks slightly... odd? But, like with everything else that I found odd, it'll probably grow on me over time. And, hmm... Mega Garchomp, eh? Looks pretty sweet. Gives me another reason to raise one. And I'm glad we now have the Fairy-type's effectiveness chart up. So now Steel and Poison get a little more love in the Super Effective department, though Steel loses some of it's defensive abilities as well. Still, not too bad. And we get a look at the fossil Pokemon, as well as (finally) an Ice-type. Not too shabby.

Overall, a very good update. This was a nice surprise to wake up to.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

...The hell is with Chespin's evolution? That thing just looks like it ate too many sweets. I'm disappointed in Fennekin's also. Looks like we really are stuck with another Fire/Fighting starter and we still don't get a Fire starter that remains quadrupedal as it evolves. GameFreak, when will you be original or interesting with the starters?

Froakie's evolution looks decent though. I'm digging the other new Pokemon too. T-REX YEAH!

Mega Garchomp's face looks weird, but the rest of it is amazing. :D

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Enzap's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Awesome new bunch of info!

I like the starter evos. Fennekin's is the least expected for me, but I like it. Chespin's kind of reminds me of Crash Bandicoot for some reason. Froakie looks like it really is going for a ninja theme, which looks pretty col so far.

I'm really excited about this gen's fossils! I was just thinking about how we've never had a real T-Rex Pokemon, which is probably the most well known dinosaur. The sauropod looks very abnormal for a fossil, but it's still cool. Get it, cool? It's an Ice type? Hurhurhur Both have really interesting abilities too.

It looks like the "llama" really is a poodle after all. Also we have confirmation that Flabébé's flower can change.

I'm excited that we finally have more extreme gender differences. Since they allowed them to have individual genders, I've wanted a Nidoran-esque Pokemon whose genders have different moves and such. I really like the design of the cats too.

MegaGarchomp looks boss. Fighting type Mewtwo kind of took me by surprise, but it looks pretty neat too.

I really hope the Flare guy isn't the boss. He doesn't stand out enough for me compared to the rest of them.

Steel's resistance changes kind of surprised me, but at least it's not Super Effective against Fairy. And bring out the parade, POISON FINALLY HAS A NEW TYPE ADVANTAGE!!!

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Wtf is Chespins...

and imagine Cynthia with MegaGarchomp...

The brown dinosaur guy looks cool.

Also, thank god Fairy is weak to Poison.

Blog Entries
    Follow クリスタル On Twitter

There is one big news that was not mentioned: At the Mini File right at the bottome of the new moves page, it mentioned that player can exchange his/her clothing and/or hair style at the boutique shop and salon located at certain cities/town.

That is actually a bigger news for me than the new Pokemon being revealed.

BTW, I wanted to comment that the MegaMewtwo X was so unnecessary, and why even change to Fighting type!? How much does GF wanted to overboost a Legendary Pokemon up to such ridiculous level? And it is not even for story purpose!
    Well, even MegaMewtwo X was created for story purpose, it is still unnecessary, given that Mewtwo is already powerful enough to sweep all the other with one attack.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Mega Mewtwo X isn't another boost. It's just another mega evolution Mewtwo can use. The one we saw before is Mega Mewtwo Y.

anything about a second Eevee Evolution ?

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TalonFlame25 View Post
    anything about a second Eevee Evolution ?
    No, this rumor is looking extremely unlikely.

I don't really understand why people are hating on Chespin's evolution so much. Did the same people hate Pignite too? Because they appear very similar shape-wise to me.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    I don't really understand why people are hating on Chespin's evolution so much. Did the same people hate Pignite too? Because they appear very similar shape-wise to me.
    I don't like Pignite or Emboar either, actually.

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I don't like Pignite or Emboar either, actually.
    At least you're being consistent.

To me it looks like a fairly logical progression though. We already knew it could learn moves like Rollout and that it's based on a chestnut, so I don't know why many people suddenly flip when they realize it's round.

A heart made fullmetal. FullMetal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add FullMetal on Facebook
    Visit FullMetal's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    ...The hell is with Chespin's evolution? That thing just looks like it ate too many sweets. I'm disappointed in Fennekin's also. Looks like we really are stuck with another Fire/Fighting starter and we still don't get a Fire starter that remains quadrupedal as it evolves. GameFreak, when will you be original or interesting with the starters?
    From my understanding, Fennekin learns three psychic type moves so far, and no fighting type moves. I'm failing to see how this is another Fire/Fighting when it seems that Fennekin very well might be Fire/Psychic.
    There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal.

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetal View Post
    From my understanding, Fennekin learns three psychic type moves so far, and no fighting type moves. I'm failing to see how this is another Fire/Fighting when it seems that Fennekin very well might be Fire/Psychic.
    I'm of the same opinion. Pokebeach mentioned that it might be going for a witch theme, mostly because of the twig in its tail makes it look almost like a broom. This is much more indicative of Psychic than Fighting. I was a bit surprised when I found out it was quadripedal, but I think its design is very elegant. Glow Punch makes more sense now.

LawLu | chibitorra (dA) Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    There is one big news that was not mentioned: At the Mini File right at the bottome of the new moves page, it mentioned that player can exchange his/her clothing and/or hair style at the boutique shop and salon located at certain cities/town.
    Thanks, it has been added now :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast