NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilve

Thread: NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilve

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilve

NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver sell 1. ...

The NPD Group has released North American video game sales data for the month of March 2010. In a packed period that saw the launch of many anticipated releases, the remakes of Gold and Silver found themselves among the ten top-selling games for the month.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulS

I expected as much. SoulSilver is the #2 game last month and if you factor in HeartGold, they add up to be #1.

HeartGold has 25% less sales than SoulSilver. Goes to show just how popular Lugia is.

Blog Entries

Default Re: NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulS

Yep. Probably mostly due to Lugia's awesomeness, Silver was Gen II's "Red" version, in terms of popularity.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice to see God of War III in #1, as its the best game on the list. (Screw FF XIII)

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilver s

NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilver sell 1. ...

The NPD Group has released North American video game sales data for the month of March 2010. In a packed period that saw the launch of many anticipated releases, the remakes of Gold and Silver found themselves among the ten top-selling games for the month.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilv

Damn... I knew the DS was selling really well, but I never knew that they sold that much. o.O That definately explains why they chose to put Black and White on the DS.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

ELM

Default Re: NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010: Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilv

Sounds cool i hope i might buy it!!!

I guess Lugia must be more popular or something.
    Soul Siver Friend Code: 0861 5800 2830

"I'll turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hehey View Post
    I guess Lugia must be more popular or something.
    It could be due to several factors. Possibly the Version Exclusives, Colour schemes, Version Mascots, and such things. When I pre-ordered my Pokemon SoulSilver Version though the salesperson did comment and said how SoulSilver was selling much better than HeartGold so it doesn't really surprise me. It is interesting to see some actually sales statistics though that prove the cause behind this.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Blog Entries

So SoulSilver has been selling more than HeartGold? I thought it had been the other way around, at least in my area though. When I went to get SoulSilver at Walmart, they had like 6 spaces on the shelves reserved for HeartGold while only 2 or 3 for SoulSilver. Why, I dunno...
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bought SoulSilver just cuz I had Silver and Lugia owns Ho-Oh any day, anywhere, in anything.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

I want to get SS soooo bad.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?