Thread: November 3 episode title

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Follow Argy on Tumblr

Default November 3 episode title

そだて屋さんとポケモンのタマゴ!

Breeding House and the Pokémon Egg!

Since Manene has already made it's debut, this is problably about Bonsly and Brock.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Pay attention to the さん - it doesn't refer to the breeding house, it refers to the person who owns/works at such a place.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin
    Pay attention to the さん - it doesn't refer to the breeding house, it refers to the person who owns/works at such a place.
    In every Breeding Center there's old couple that owns this Center and If you give female Pokemon to woman and male Pokemon to man they'll breed Pokemon.
    I think this "san" suffix refers to them.

And why "Tamago" is written by Katakana? It is the Japanese word.

Judging from the preview, yes, it seems to be the case - there are an old couple.

Also, expanding a bit on the castle - it was Kojirō's home. Continuity break? I dunno.

Why is tamago written in katakana? Well, use of katakana isn't as clear-cut as you imagine. Yes, in any other context, you would probably write たまご, or perhaps 卵. But here, you're writing in the context of Pokémon and writing about Pokémon eggs. So you write タマゴ. Like in the game - if memory serves me right.

There are other words in Japanese that are Japanese (and occasionally Sino-Japanese) but still more commonly written in katakana. Difficult-to-write words, such as ロウソク [蝋燭], various onomatopoeic words, and very many plant & animal names [many of which are also difficult-to-write in kanji], for instance.