North American, European versions of HeartGold, SoulSilver announced: Release set for - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North American, European versions of HeartGold, SoulSilver announced: Release set for

Blog Entries

Default Re: North American, European versions of HeartGold, SoulSilver announced: Release set

As I said in the other thread: "Yay!!!!"

Now I just have to wait. Is it 2010 yet?

Also, Katherine had a good point. Nintendo won't be showing HG/SS at all at E3 because it will already be out when it come around. I guess they wanted to keep it a suprise this year, and they figure Pokemon doesn't need E3 to generate hype.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Default Re: North American, European versions of HeartGold, SoulSilver announced: Release set

This is cool, but I am still gonna try to import :D I have waited too long for this!
    *this space for rent*

Blog Entries

lol when school comes its gonna go by quickly
    Typhlosions mine

avatar credit goes to Blazaking EX great work

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Europeans will be happy. They get a game the same time as us for once.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Old-school Poké-communist Aeneas's Avatar

I'm happy indeed.
    However, I still think there will be two or three months between the American and European releases. The games will have to be translated into Italian, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, etc. first. And the Game Corner has to be cut out if it's right what I'm reading here.
    But anyway, I think I'll import from America after all, like I did with Diamond and Pearl.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Europeans will be happy. They get a game the same time as us for once.
    Oh my god- are you psychic?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Hug Lucario! View Post
    Oh my god- are you psychic?
    Okay, I didn't understand that one.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Old-school Poké-communist Aeneas's Avatar

I did, and it's rather funny.

You could read his mind, and you don't even know.

Okay, I didn't understand that one.
    I think he's using sarcasm to refer to the fact there hasn't been any confirmation the games will be released at the same time. I think Spring means March for US and May for EU, just like with Platinum.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
    I'm happy indeed.
    However, I still think there will be two or three months between the American and European releases. The games will have to be translated into Italian, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, etc. first.
    But why? Why can't Ireland and Britain have them when America gets them, we don't need it to be translated, they don't correct Mom to Mum, they leave it as Mom, so there is nothing to do besides cut out the Game Corner, does it really take 2 months to cut a Game Corner? I don't see why the whole of Europe has to be done at once? Why not let Ireland and Britain have it with USA, why do we have to wait for the rest of Europe?

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaranite View Post
    But why? Why can't Ireland and Britain have them when America gets them, we don't need it to be translated, they don't correct Mom to Mum, they leave it as Mom, so there is nothing to do besides cut out the Game Corner, does it really take 2 months to cut a Game Corner? I don't see why the whole of Europe has to be done at once? Why not let Ireland and Britain have it with USA, why do we have to wait for the rest of Europe?
    Because Nintendo does their bussiness by continent/regions, not by individual countries.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaranite View Post
    The Game Corner is cut out of the European releases?
    I've never heard of this before; is it just not well known?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    The Game Corner is cut out of the European releases?
    I've never heard of this before; is it just not well known?
    Oh, it's well known. The entire Europen group here (mostly) was going crazy about

Frankly, I don't understand why they can't be released at the same time. Cut the Game Corner, and you're done. That's like, a couple minutes or something. Find some code and cut it.

Oh, it's well known. The entire Europen group here (mostly) was going crazy about

Frankly, I don't understand why they can't be released at the same time. Cut the Game Corner, and you're done. That's like, a couple minutes or something. Find some code and cut it.
    Ugh, such ignorance.

The delay between US and European releases is down to localisation - translating the game into the European languages. That can't exactly be done overnight. If we get the game in May as we did with Platinum, then that's pretty fucking lucky for us and damned impressive too - likely down solely to the fact that NoE will have been working on it while NoA was still localising on their end.

And once you get past the mere translating factor - there's also the point of marketing, which normally requires at least a month.

The chances of NOE putting in the rather serious amount of effort to have the game out here at the same time as the US aren't high, so I'd give up hoping for it and doing so because of nonsensical reasons fuelled by sheer ignorance of how the industry and basic game design works. A gap of a mere 2 months is a very favourable place to be in - and for those that simply cannot wait, there's always importing.

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

well that was really fast
    theres even an "alleged" us trailer lurking on youtube but whether tis real or not im not so sure

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast