No new episode Feb. 15: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl to be pre-empted by Naruto special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No new episode Feb. 15: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl to be pre-empted by Naruto special

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default No new episode Feb. 15: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl to be pre-empted by Naruto special

According to Pokeani, no new episode of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl will air on TV Tokyo Feb. 15 due to the airing of a Naruto special. It is assumed the regular series broadcast will resume Feb. 22 with DP020.

Read more on Bulbanews

Damn you Naruto!

Too many breaks this year, and on my birthday week!

...oh! I forgot that Naruto and Pokemon air on the same network.

I don't mind. I dislike DP as it is, and I'm just so happy Naruto's done with the fillers! Part II FTW. =3

Blog Entries

Yes!!! The Naruto fillers are over!!!

How does this concern me?

Because it means the Naruto fans can stop whining, yeahz!!!

And I want to see the new opening.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone else think D/P might be an overall shorter series than AG with all these breaks they're having?

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Not at the rate it's going and the number of fillers we've had. They've barely showcased any new Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    Not at the rate it's going and the number of fillers we've had. They've barely showcased any new Pokémon.
    They have 3/4 years to show just 107 Pokemon. I think such an occurance can be expected.

Blog Entries

What I meant is if there's another "short" saga to fill the gap between D/P and the 5th gen, (like AG's Battle Frontier), would it end up having less episodes?

Battle Frontier was already a pretty rushed season as it was, so if Shinou lasts about three years (which is about as long as Hoenn was), and the 5th gen still isn't out yet, then the "short" saga is probably going to be even more rushed than the Battle Frontier was with all these breaks this time around.

The majority of these breaks are made up with double/triple bill showings you know. For all we know, there could be a three episode special in the first week of March. Etc, etc. I guarantee that when all is said and done, the episode total from the start of D/P to the start of the 5th Gen (including whatever may come in between) will not be substantially more or less than the AG/BF total.

Well, not counting the possibility of the 5th Gen being exceptionally late.

Blog Entries

I don't see what they could make the extra series; unless they want to pull another Orange Islands and make up a region. Johto is too old to be featured, and we just got Kanto and Hoenn, and I doubt Sevii will be in the animé (unless you include the Richie special). We should pray for a Johto remake, or we'll get a long and boring Sinnoh. Then again, I'm sure none of you want another Johto series after the way the last one turned out. I liked it, but it gets so much undeserved critisism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XD375. In America. View Post
    I don't see what they could make the extra series; unless they want to pull another Orange Islands and make up a region. Johto is too old to be featured, and we just got Kanto and Hoenn, and I doubt Sevii will be in the animé (unless you include the Richie special). We should pray for a Johto remake, or we'll get a long and boring Sinnoh. Then again, I'm sure none of you want another Johto series after the way the last one turned out. I liked it, but it gets so much undeserved critisism.
    Johto deserved the criticism it got because the writers were trying to repeat the magic of the original Kanto but failed miserably. People did not just wake up one day and hate on Johto for no apparent reason, it got bashed while it was airing even because the writers were running the show into the ground with boring run-of-the-mill filler and nothing interesting between the Gyms. People used to post about how much the show went downhill since Kanto/Orange while Johto was airing, and they were of course right. Everything was either bland and/or a missed opportunity, and the writers completely ruined Misty's character in Johto which was unforgivable. They took a once great character and made her so dull and monotone. Its recognized as the worst overall saga in Pokemon for good reason, and at least the writers knew what was wrong with the show which is why they went to great lengths to revamp it and make it enjoyable again.

Of course if we returned to Johto NOW, it would probably be great. We'd probably have a second Contest arc for Hikari, Ash would do whatever, and we'd have the same quality of writing we have nowadays for the show. The name of the region doesn't affect how good it is, its the actual writing.

I bet if they made a short filler saga in Johto after Shinou, it would be fantastic. Especially if Ash keeps his D/P team for it like he kept his AG team for BF, and Hikari would obviously stay with a second round of her Contest, (like May got a second round in BF), and it would fill whatever gap between the end of Shinou and the 5th gen nicely.

Stretching out Shinou for longer than three years would be an absolute disaster, which is why they're better off making a shorter filler saga for any extra time they have.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 17th January 2007 at 06:31 PM.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Johto isn't that bad. It definately had pacing problems which AG fixed but there's some good stuff in there that is perhaps easier appreciate without having to follow said pace. Or if you have no issue with fillers in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD375. In America. View Post
    I don't see what they could make the extra series.
    Battle Frontier was made up of elements of Fire Red/Leaf Green and Emerald (and Ranger for the two Hinata episodes) so it's too early to say that.

AG had much worse fillers than Johto >_>. The only problem with Johto's fillers was the sheer mass of them.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

The first priorty of the program is advertisment, so they arn't going to go to Johto unless it was featured in a major game.

naruto shipudden starts w00t =/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast