Nintendo reveals total sales for Generation IV and V: Total number of sales for all m
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo reveals total sales for Generation IV and V: Total number of sales for all m

Default Nintendo reveals total sales for Generation IV and V: Total number of sales for all m

Nintendo reveals total sales for Generation IV and V: Total number of sales for all main series ...

Earlier today, Nintendo released their annual report, which contained the total number of copies sold of the main series fourth and fifth generation Pokémon games, as of March 2011.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nintendo reveals total sales for Generation IV and V: Total number of sales for a

Holy...!

Looks like Platinum wasn't exactly a big hit compared to the others. Makes me think there won't be a Gray.

Then again, BW have only been out for about 6 months, so it's still too early to tell.

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Default Re: Nintendo reveals total sales for Generation IV and V: Total number of sales for a

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    Holy...!

Looks like Platinum wasn't exactly a big hit compared to the others. Makes me think there won't be a Gray.

Then again, BW have only been out for about 6 months, so it's still too early to tell.
    It's always the case that the third version sells a lot less than the main versions.

As for BW, don't forget that those numbers are for up to the end of March
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This is implying that the rest of Gen V won't be for the DS, because otherwise Nintendo would wait till they release the last game of Gen V before they show the total sales of DS games. I'm thinking that the rest of Gen V will be on the 3DS. Though of course, I always thought that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    Holy...!
    17.57 million is for Diamond AND Pearl. Each got about 8.79M copies sold. Platinum sold 7.43M. 1.5 million less than the others isn't too bad for a third version.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Wow, didn't expect so many for Diamond and Pearl..

Yup. Aviator is correct. So, in fact, HG/SS were the worst sellers.

Of course, many people don't buy both versions, so it's not fully accurate like that, but.

I thought Pt would have sold better than that. D8 It's clearly the best Pokemon game of all time a monumental improvement over DP, so anyone who whined about DP had no excuse not to get an improved Pt...
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Yup. Aviator is correct. So, in fact, HG/SS were the worst sellers.

Of course, many people don't buy both versions, so it's not fully accurate like that, but.
    I think its that some people do buy both versions of DP when it was early. There were people who bought both, or people who imported one version and bought the other localized.

All in all, Gen IV was still a very good generation in terms of sales.

With the 3DS's price drop and Nintendo clearly wanting to sell the system, I would honestly look into putting Gray onto the 3DS. It'll probably sell less than Platinum though if that were the case.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer View Post
    This is implying that the rest of Gen V won't be for the DS, because otherwise Nintendo would wait till they release the last game of Gen V before they show the total sales of DS games. I'm thinking that the rest of Gen V will be on the 3DS. Though of course, I always thought that.
    It was released now because it was released as part of their annual report. They could have waited until next year, but publishing this now doesn't really indicate anything about the next Gen V game being on 3DS, although I do think that it is likely.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

11 million without Pal/NTSC numbers. Crap, imagine it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    11 million without Pal/NTSC numbers. Crap, imagine it now.
    That was with Pal & NTSC first month numbers
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

How many times do I have to point out that the DP, HGSS and BW sales are of the two versions combined? Therefore, Platinum wasn't the worst selling game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    How many times do I have to point out that the DP, HGSS and BW sales are of the two versions combined? Therefore, Platinum wasn't the worst selling game.
    The thing with DP and HgSs is that there was very little plot difference--only the legendaries differed significantly. Platinum, with its revised plot did not even outsell HgSs combined, which were also rehash plots.

While I doubt the sales would have been as high for DP if it were only one version, they still would probably sell more. Besides, DP still sold more than twice as much, so if we assume that everyone bought both copies (which we know they didn't), they still sold to more people.

Though, DP's plot was more recent than GS's.

HgSs's life was also cut short with the announcement of BW shortly after its release, so we'd have to factor that in.

EDIT: Though, in Platinum's defense, I think it was the most downloaded ROM the year it was released.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 6th August 2011 at 07:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It's always the case that the third version sells a lot less than the main versions.

As for BW, don't forget that those numbers are for up to the end of March
    And the people who don't get those third versions often miss a very good game.
    What the... That's an unusually high number of sales for B/W, considering its only from March. B/W are definitely going to surpass D/P's total sales with flying colors, and DP has been out for 5 years (I think its been 5 years) and counting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast