Nintendo Power reveals American Arceus distribution dates: Event to take place in Toy - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Power reveals American Arceus distribution dates: Event to take place in Toy

Default Re: Nintendo Power reveals American Arceus event dates: Event to take place in Toys '

Why does the article say Toys 'R' U?
    Swampert_rox

Thanks to Emi-chan and Blazaking EX for the banner!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nintendo Power reveals American Arceus event dates: Event to take place in Toys '

Quote Originally Posted by swampert_rox View Post
    Why does the article say Toys 'R' U?
    Where?

Title
    Swampert_rox

Ugh, I thought Nintendo was finally over with the T'RUS events. U___U; Do they just not realize how massively inconvenient it is for most people??

Hopefully they'll do a WiFi event in a few months. (maybe close to HG/SS's release in the States so that people will be able to activate the Shinto Ruins event)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampert_rox View Post
    Title
    Forum limiation.

Blog Entries

Thanks Nintendo. I've been meaning to take a 40 minute drive down to South Portland so I can download a tiny bit of 1s and 0s for the game that I've been able to get DLC for over Wi-Fi the last two times you decided to give away event items.

/sarcasm

This annoys me. How can there be a deal with TRU to not distribute this online? They gave away Shaymin and Darkrai over Wi-Fi, why not Arceus? Come on. Besides, I just went to South Portland a week ago. I'm not going back there again any time soon.

Platinum: 1634-0556-3616

SoulSilver: 4641-1635-4301

Brock: I didn't know Vikings still existed.
    Ash Ketchum: They mostly live in Minnesota.[/center]
    Quote Originally Posted by Martonimos View Post
    The way to a woman's heart is through her Ampharos.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    But if I do a lot of drugs, doesn't that make me a higher being?

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Well, to be fair, they just gave you the item to fight and capture Darkrai and Shaymin over Wi-fi, but they were still distributed at TRU with a special movepool way before their respective events. Even in Japan, since these are basically the same Pokemon that you get for going to the movies, but in English.

Besides, I don't think Japan has gotten the Azure Flute legally anyway, and from the pattern of all those other Item events, they need to do that first before distributing it over Wi-Fi in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    Well, to be fair, they just gave you the item to fight and capture Darkrai and Shaymin over Wi-fi, but they were still distributed at TRU with a special movepool way before their respective events. Even in Japan, since these are basically the same Pokemon that you get for going to the movies, but in English.

Besides, I don't think Japan has gotten the Azure Flute legally anyway, and from the pattern of all those other Item events, they need to do that first before distributing it over Wi-Fi in other countries.
    Exactly what I was about to say, and also the only pokemon to be distributed over Wifi didn't have an in-game event. I suppose another thing is in Japan it wasn't over Wifi, and the main reason for it not being now is that as Arceus is a really rare and powerful pokemon, they want to make sure players with just DP get it too without having to deal with the whole "No DP Wifi Events" thing..
    Swampert_rox

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So what's stopping them though? Does Japan have to have EVERYTHING first? Because they got Arceus first--why can't other parts of the world get the Azure Flute? Or moreover, they can't have Arceus itself downloaded directly?

Quote Originally Posted by me
    ...and the main reason for it not being now is that as Arceus is a really rare and powerful pokemon, they want to make sure players with just DP get it too without having to deal with the whole "No DP Wifi Events" thing...
    Pay attention.
    Swampert_rox

Blog Entries

What swampert rox said. I thought maybe the event would be both in store and over wi-fi so that it would be fair to people with only Diamond or Pearl. As for the Azure Flute, I'm sure it'll be available eventually, probably over wi-fi, right?

I actually just got hired at Toys R Us, so I'm rather excited about this.
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

Blog Entries

Alright, I would first like to begin by saying that I'm annoyed by the people that are "annoyed" by having to travel a short amount of time (You either want it or you don't; if you don't want to travel for it, you don't want it very bad, then.) to a Toys 'R' Us. Most people, not just on the Internet I mean, don't have Wi-Fi access. Wi-Fi actually annoys me more than anything since it seems to be more complicated than it really needs to be. It is indefinitely easier to drive a relatively short amount of time (Those who complain about "having" to do it are rather lazy, IYAM.) to get an event, IMPO, than to get an event over Wi-Fi. As one without it, I have missed the Member's Pass and the Oak's Letter, and quite frankly, I'm irritated by this. I would also like to mention that this is coming from someone who never made it to ANY of the Pokemon Rocks America events (i.e. Celebi, Aurora Ticket, Mystic Ticket, etc.), due to distance.

It is purely a matter of opinion, and you have heard mine.

On another note, has there been any word that this will be the Japanese Eigakan Arceus?

Last edited by Steven; 15th October 2009 at 11:23 PM.
    My name is Steven.
    I'm interested in rare stones,
    so I travel here and there.

S. Stone

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Darach, some of us, like me, don't have a Toy's R Us around them. And some of us don't have a method of getting there. I'd go if I could, but I physically can't.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Darach, some of us, like me, don't have a Toy's R Us around them. And some of us don't have a method of getting there. I'd go if I could, but I physically can't.
    And the same can be said for those that aren't capable of wireless fidelity.

I'm merely pointing out something for those that don't have Wi-Fi as it seems like people, in this regard, are steadily forgetting what it was like to not have Internet anywhere.

Contrary to what might be understandably believed, I'm not trying to start an argument.

My name is Steven.
    I'm interested in rare stones,
    so I travel here and there.

S. Stone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darach View Post
    And the same can be said for those that aren't capable of wireless fidelity.
    Huh. Is that what Wi-Fi is short for? Always wondered.

Anyways, I'm confused, is this just for an English version of the Movie12 Arceus, the Azure Flute, or a new Arceus all together? The article doesn't really specify.

Also, how exactly do TRU Mystery Gifts work? I've never been to one before, but an Event Arceus would be great trade-bait, so I might hit this up. Do you just have to activate the MG function within the TRU? Or do they have a person giving them out or something?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast