Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and other de

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Pokelova
  • 2 Post By Tophat Dragoneye
  • 1 Post By davi
  • 1 Post By Tophat Dragoneye
  • 5 Post By YamiiDenryuu
  • 1 Post By Isamu Akai
  • 1 Post By Swadloon

Thread: Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and other de

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and other de

Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp. Share changes and other decisions ...

An interview with Game Freak featured in the "Nintendo Stadium Returns" booklet, found in November's issue of Nintendo Dream, revealed new mechanic changes along with some of the decisions made regarding how Mega Evolutions work, and the distribution of moves and abilities.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by G50; 25th September 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Default Re: Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and othe

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
    Praise the heavens above! I only wish I had a gif to better express my elation.
    davi and MetalKing1417 like this.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and othe

Sounds like many things is getting changed in X & Y, though the Exp. Share to Exp. All was the biggest surprise to me.
    davi and MetalKing1417 like this.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add davi on Facebook

I'm glad that i'll be able to send my Gengar at Sky Battles.

The Exp. All was a great and welcome surprise! And the experience division seems to be changing too and it is great for our trainings. Exp. All, Hordes, experience when capturing pokémons... Could this Exp. All give EVs also for non-participating pokémon?

At last, "cuter" battles are far from being a problem, provided that they are finally 3D.
    MetalKing1417 likes this.

. G o t t a . C a t c h . ' e m . A l l .

Holopainen . . . . . . . . Stirling . . . . . . . . Tankian . . . . . . . . Draiman . . . . . . . . denAdel . . . . . . . . Gerard

I don't like the idea you will gain experience just by catching Pokémon. This will make EV training even harder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swadloon View Post
    I don't like the idea you will gain experience just by catching Pokémon. This will make EV training even harder.
    How so? It's the same result no matter the outcome.
    davi likes this.
    Revolutionaryverse

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    How so? It's the same result no matter the outcome.
    Unless wild pokémon don't give EVs any longer, if I find a rare pokémon while EV training, I won't be able to catch or it will spoil all the training.

Blog Entries

Unless wild pokémon don't give EVs any longer, if I find a rare pokémon while EV training, I won't be able to catch or it will spoil all the training.
    Ok, I can see your point there, but let's see if the new methods of EV training is going to outweigh the old and traditional method.
    Revolutionaryverse

Blog Entries

So Pokemon like Volcarona and Beedrill that're obviously flying but don't have the type or ability can't be used in Sky Battles? That kinda sucks.

One capture won't completely spoil your training. You have 2 points out of 512 that're completely useless to begin with, and if you overshoot that you can just use a single EV-lowering berry on the stat you don't want anything in.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

They could make it so capturing won't distribute EVs, only experience (well, that would be sensible thing to do, anyway).
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate Ability (as previously confirmed). Some moves can't be used.
    That better include Stealth Rock.

I'm not too sure if I like the changes to EXP Share. I'm glad that the experience isn't split up like it was in Gen 1, but if I only want to train one Pokemon at a time, this means I'll have to dump the others in the PC, and I'm not sure if I like the hassle of having to do that. But on the other hand, since the exp isn't split, this may make grinding an entire team much more quicker. That I do like.
    davi likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    So Pokemon like Volcarona and Beedrill that're obviously flying but don't have the type or ability can't be used in Sky Battles? That kinda sucks.

One capture won't completely spoil your training. You have 2 points out of 512 that're completely useless to begin with, and if you overshoot that you can just use a single EV-lowering berry on the stat you don't want anything in.
    You mean out of 510. Well, if we can only get berries as in Black/White, obtaining those berries will be a problem.
    davi likes this.