Nintendo Direct announces Celebi distribution: Will be available for those who access

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nintendo Direct announces Celebi distribution: Will be available for those who access

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Nintendo Direct announces Celebi distribution: Will be available for those who access

Nintendo Direct announces Celebi distribution: Will be available for those who access Pokémon ...

During Nintendo Direct, it was announced that a Celebi will be distributed for those who download and access Pokémon Bank by Sept. 30, 2014. Details about the event are unknown at this time.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nintendo Direct announces Celebi distribution: Will be available for those who ac

Ooh, an international event? Huh, 'bout time.

A pity it's Celebi, though. I'm not fond of Celebi.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nintendo Direct announces Celebi distribution: Will be available for those who ac

I don't have Celebi, so this is nice I guess.

It'd be nice if it was a shiny Celebi, for once. :D

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've got slightly mixed views on this. First of all i'm really pleased because Celebi is the only event legendary that has eluded me for all these years; the only UK distribution for it back when HGSS were out was held too far away from where I live. On the other hand, I fear that this distribution via Pokemon Bank will make Celebi a bit too common considering how rare it has been up to now. I'd probably be more on board with the event taking place for a one-month period instead of all the way until September. That is obviously only a very minor issue though, and more than anything I can't wait to finally get my hands on a legitimate Celebi having dreamed of owning one of my own ever since Gen 2.

EDIT: A cool theory about this event that just occurred to me is that giving Celebi away through this method may actually make sense! Celebi is the Time Travel Pokemon, correct? If your Pokemon could be considered as moving through time periods between Gens V and VI through the PokeTransporter, perhaps Pokemon Bank is a medium through which Celebi is able to travel through time. Yeah, i'm probably over-thinking things here, but it is fun to theorise.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 18th December 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    "My Dream..."

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Are we ever going to get another event Deoxys? I really want Deoxys. xDD But anyway, I like Celebi, so I'm not complaining~
    Charles Dunois likes this.

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quotes stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...Well, at least there is another something we can look forward to during the holidays. I shall keep on waiting until Pokémon Bank is ready.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoniki View Post
    Are we ever going to get another event Deoxys? I really want Deoxys. xDD But anyway, I like Celebi, so I'm not complaining~
    Deoxys was given out by Wi-Fi connection earlier this year in May exactly four days after you joined the forums and Deoxys was also infinitely receivable from completing an event mission multiple times in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs with it being able to send a Deoxys to any Generation IV game each time the mission is completed. I like this in game event for Celebi since the last in game event Celebi was exclusive to the Japanese Pokémon Colosseum games which became too rare and expensive for most people to buy.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Deoxys was given out by Wi-Fi connection earlier this year in May exactly four days after you joined the forums and Deoxys was also infinitely receivable from completing an event mission multiple times in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs with it being able to send a Deoxys to any Generation IV game each time the mission is completed. I like this in game event for Celebi since the last in game event Celebi was exclusive to the Japanese Pokémon Colosseum games which became too rare and expensive for most people to buy.
    Whoops, I didn't know about either of those things. xD Maybe I'll get Guardian Signs from somewhere. :P

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quotes stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Whoops, I didn't know about either of those things. xD Maybe I'll get Guardian Signs from somewhere. :P
    The in-game event mission for Deoxys was only distributed for a limited time from the game's release date like the in game Celebi event that is reported in the article this thread is about. You also needed to complete the mission with another player using another copy of the same so it was still very hard to obtain a Deoxys in Generation IV games. I managed to buy two copies and find a friend who would play the second copy so I got a Deoxys on all of my versions and at a later time I decided to buy a spare copy of HeartGold version so I could repeatedly restarted it to get 3 Deoxys each time I saw my friend and trade them online in a thread I created on BMGf (it was very useful for levelling up Styler to complete the multiplayer story missions). When the Wi-Fi event Deoxys was released I decided to close the thread since everyone could get a Deoxys at that time but I'm thinking about reopening it for Generation VI games when Pokémon Bank releases.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

On topic the "hold back" move is the most interesting thing about this distribution. A more powerful none normal false swipe would be very welcome. Wonder if it can be bred via smeagle onto others :) . Celebi is an ok pokemon but as others stated it is not super rare.

I think it's pretty cool they're distributing Celebi, though it seems maybe a little random (though no complaint here)

I'm also still wondering whether they will retcon it into fairy type (I mean, generally, they don't temper with legendaries, but on the other hand, we got megaevolutions for Mewto) It's ok without it, but in a way, at least to me, it would make sense if it did, and the fact they're going to distribute it again makes me wonder if they have plans for it

I'm even more interested in the move Hold Back. It's nice that we are getting an event Celebi even with the free trial.

Hey, I could give you a Deoxys if you have a Meloetta to spare. It's currently the only Pokémon I'm missing in my generation V games.

It's a bit odd to me that this Celebi can't KO a pokemon on its own as-is.

Celebi is my favourite event legendary overall (it's so cute~) so I'm happy about this. I do think it'd be nice to see a Jirachi or Deoxys in future though.

But in any case, this event IS worldwide right, not just in Japan? I'd hate for them to keep getting even more favouritism than they ALREADY get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast