New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

There are many differences between the two. SS Link has a different collar on his tunic, his bangs look different, his boots look a little different, his ears look different, his pants are bit more brown and poofy, and he doesn't have that brown thing on either of his gauntlets. He's also right-handed, not a lefty. He also has more defined lips. TP Link's hat is also more worn (because it's very old and the same one OoT Link wore). They are not anywhere near identical, but they are a bit similar.

Default Re: New Super Smash Bros. game scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Ninte

At first I thought it was SS link as well... but it really is TP link, and not just because of the handedness... I figured they'd flip him anyway on that front.

See how look of the Brawl Link almost completely match? Right down to the shield design.

I flipped an image of SS Link so everyone could compare.
    I mean they are similar it could be a slight amalgam I suppose.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

They do look more alike when SS Link is flipped yeah. But SS Link still lacks the brown gauntlet thing and has browner, poofier pants. xP His boots look different too, still.

This is just wishful thinking, but I wish Dementio or Count Bleck would be playable, or at least make a cameo appearance. Heck, maybe Dimension D could even be a new stage!

I don't know why, but does anyone else get weirded out by Brawl Link's eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    They do look more alike when SS Link is flipped yeah. But SS Link still lacks the brown gauntlet thing and has browner, poofier pants. xP His boots look different too, still.
    I agree it's obviously not the SS Link in SSB4.

The boots and pants and hat and belt buckle all match between Brawl and SSB4 and do not match Skyward Sword Link's design.

I was thinking why this might be but I think it's less to do with link and more to do with Zelda... who I don't think has the right look in SS for the game, and besides there is no design for Ganondorf and Sheik in Skyward Sword.

So best to keep it all within the same game universe.

But they could have made him OoT link again, just to commemorate the 3DS release. I dunno.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default se in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

I just saw the trailer for Wii Fit Trainer, and lol, looks like a brilliant idea

Here's a good video from Youtube: Super Smash Bros 4 Characters, Moves, Stages, Final Smash Analysis (WII U / 3DS Gameplay) 【All HD】 - YouTube

This video does provide some good analysis on some of the changes including the moves used by the new characters. I like the way how they provided Mega Man with more Robot Master weapons to use as attacks compared to the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

The boots and pants and hat and belt buckle all match between Brawl and SSB4 and do not match Skyward Sword Link's design.

I was thinking why this might be but I think it's less to do with link and more to do with Zelda... who I don't think has the right look in SS for the game, and besides there is no design for Ganondorf and Sheik in Skyward Sword.

But they could have made him OoT link again, just to commemorate the 3DS release. I dunno.
    But Sheik wasn't in TP either. And I don't see why SS Zelda couldn't be in over TP Zelda. Zelda was never shown using magic or even attacking much at all throughout the Zelda series, and even when she did, she only used a bow (not counting the suits of armor in Spirit Tracks). SS Zelda could be made to use magic just fine. As for Ganondorf, just give him a more Skyward Sword-esque style. Nothing wrong with that when they gave Sheik a TPish design for Brawl.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Any stages confirmed? I heard that in the past, there had been stages that represent the fields of each games. Is it true that Spear Pillar was used in the past?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Yeah, there have been confirmed stages.

- Arena Ferox from Fire Emblem: Awakening (Freakin' YES!)
    - Skyloft from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Hell yeah!)
    - A Megaman stage
    - Spirit Train (driven by Link) from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    - Gerudo Valley from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

And that's what I remember off the top of my head. Also, yes, Spear Pillar was a stage in Brawl.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

The MegaMan stage is located outside Wily Castle.

I see no reason for Zoroark to be in this game. It's completely irrelevant at this point. By the time the game releases we'll have 100 some new pokemon. Zoroark had little importance anyway once the games came out other than being a character on Smash. Brawl came out midway through Lucario's debut generation. These games are coming out after Zoroark's generation will have already been overshadowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

But Sheik wasn't in TP either. And I don't see why SS Zelda couldn't be in over TP Zelda. Zelda was never shown using magic or even attacking much at all throughout the Zelda series, and even when she did, she only used a bow (not counting the suits of armor in Spirit Tracks). SS Zelda could be made to use magic just fine. As for Ganondorf, just give him a more Skyward Sword-esque style. Nothing wrong with that when they gave Sheik a TPish design for Brawl.
    while sheik wasn't in TP the design team for that game made a design for her at some point intending for her to be in the game. I mean they might have done that in skyward sword as well I'm not sure.

People might not even recognize zelda if they use the SS version, she is certainly very different designwise from OoT or TP Zelda.

It would actually be nice to play as her I'm sure... at least have an alternate costume to look like her?
    Last edited by Gordon; 13th June 2013 at 07:58 AM.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Yeah, true, but I think we need SOME Skyward Sword representation other than a single stage. This is another reason I want Ghirahim so much for a newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post

I see no reason for Zoroark to be in this game. It's completely irrelevant at this point. By the time the game releases we'll have 100 some new pokemon. Zoroark had little importance anyway once the games came out other than being a character on Smash. Brawl came out midway through Lucario's debut generation. These games are coming out after Zoroark's generation will have already been overshadowed.
    I have to disagree. I think Zoroark would be a fine choice as a character. His powers would be completely unique, and it would be very fun just to use him.

P.S. The Nintendo guy I know says he'll be in it, so take that!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default ame scheduled for release in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS: Nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by Venomking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post

I have to disagree. I think Zoroark would be a fine choice as a character. His powers would be completely unique, and it would be very fun just to use him.

P.S. The Nintendo guy I know says he'll be in it, so take that!
    Oh sure. Tell us that N's in the game as well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast