New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

What is wrong with people saying that Ninfia is not an Eeveelution. I mean clearly the scan shows an arrow going from Eevee to Ninfia as well as the other 7 Eeveelutions, also it's name is reminiscent of Leafeon and Glaceon's Japanese names Leafia and Glacia ending in -ia.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I first saw it, I almost thought it was a Water-type since it's coloring reminds me of Milotic. But we already have Vaporeon for that. Then it reminded me of a Psychic-type, but we already have Espeon. But it's ribbons kind of remind me of Mienshao's sleeves, which lead me to believe it could be possibly Fighting. And it's overall look is reminiscent of Bug-types.

After reading this thread, I can see arguments for both Flying and Dragon-types. As much as I'd love a Dragon-type Eeveelution, I don't think this is it. And I don't really see it as a Normal-type either. Flying seems the most plausible typing to me, right ahead of Fighting.

And I do like the idea of it being a female only evolution. It does look more feminine, but so do a few other Pokemon that aren't necessarily gender specific (Lopunny and Gardevoir come to mind). If it ends up being female only, I still don't think a Normal typing suits it. It would be weird to have both a gender specific evolution and a change in type for the same evolutionary line in the same generation, so I'm not sure what to think.

As you can tell, I'm pretty undecided about what type it is/should be. But if I had to make a decision, I'm going to have to go with Flying.
    3DS F.C.: 2878-9591-1952

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

I think it will be a fighting type. Not too much reminiscent of other types except Psychic...and I imagine a normal type eeveelution would look more like eevee itself.

I really like the design. It seems people are quite 50/50 on that though at the moment.
    If I had to guess I'd go with flying. It looks normal to me the most but I doubt it would be.

I don't like the idea of making a pokemon with bows on it female exclusive. That seems a little sexist.

Boy pokemon should get to wear bows and tassels too you know.

Besides, it's wearing a hairbow and a bowtie, it's possible that that is a gender difference, bowtie for boy, hairbow for girl. Though I'm really all for girly looking boy pokemon.
    Owain likes this.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Yay! I got a Eeveelution for my Birthday. (I read the other thread about this, one that has the link the magazine on Corocoro or whatever, and it said it was leaked on February 11, which is my birthday.)

I like how it looks. I don't know about you guys, but I can see some Eeveelution in there. Victini is hogging the spotlight though, if you know what I mean. Thing looks gigantic compared to the other Eeveelutions though, and I think the ribbon like feelers on it's neck are too long, but we'll see.

I know what type it is guys! It's the Ninja Type!

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

I don't remember what the source was, but there was speculation on the scan itself. There were two Kanji symbols, and the one attributed to Ninfia was a symbol meaning "celestial" or "autumn," indicating to me that this particular Lution will be a brand new type. The other Kanji symbol was for "mountain," and my guess would be a ground or rock type. Duh.
    Again, don't take my word for it, but this is the sort of thing I've been hearing.

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks it's creepy? Its eyes look like dialated bird eggs.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If this wasn't Eevee I'd have said Normal/Flying. I think I'll go with Normal because it looks kinda similar to Eevee in terms of colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Blog Entries

Ninfia is a ghost type. Creepy little f***er.
    I'm going to say bug. Mostly because of the butterfly bows.
    Last edited by Fudgenuggets; 13th February 2013 at 04:21 PM.
    Stuntology likes this.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I think it's a normal type. It just doesn't look anything else to me besides psychic, which we already have Espeon for. But I think it's adorably cute nonetheless! And because of this, I've decided to call it Fluffeon until the real English name is revealed. Fluffy is a cutesy, common, and well, pretty normal name for pets. So I combined it with "eon." ;3

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

It should have -eon at the end of its name :(

Other than that detail, I think it looks like a cool pokemon. So far, I am definitely liking gen VI pokemon more than the Gen V ones

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Add Kelleo on Facebook

It's English name will. The Japanese names of Eeveelutions never had "eon" in their names, so yeah.

Blog Entries

I'm rooting for the name being Nympheon. I think I was the first person on the site to suggest the name came from 'nymph' and it seems like that might be correct, so I'm really proud of that fact.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I don't see how "Ninf" is similar to "Nymph." Yeah, they sound similar, but have different spellings. Two different words with similar pronunciations usually have vastly different meanings.

I'm still hoping for Fluffeon. ^^

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I don't see how "Ninf" is similar to "Nymph." Yeah, they sound similar, but have different spellings. Two different words with similar pronunciations usually have vastly different meanings.

I'm still hoping for Fluffeon. ^^
    Japanese isn't written using Latin letters; Ninfia was romanized phonetically. If this was a trademarked romanization you may have had a point, but this is the straight Hepburn. If you wanted to write "Nymph" in Japanese, it would be romanized as "Ninfu".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 16th February 2013, 01:07 AM
  2. 12th February 2013, 08:09 AM