New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Scans from the latest CoroCoro leak have revealed the sixth new Pokémon from the upcoming Pokémon X and Y. The new Pokémon, Ninfia, is a new evolution of Eevee.

Read more on Bulbanews

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar

Default Re: New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Just looking, I couldn't guess it's type. Unless somebody who knows enough Japanese can garner from its name what it might be.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Catcher Wade View Post
    Just looking, I couldn't guess it's type. Unless somebody who knows enough Japanese can garner from its name what it might be.
    It has "Type: ???" and "Ability: ???" in Japanese.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

The name "Ninfia" is probably a reference to nimbus clouds, so it could be a Flying type, but I'm not willing to say that's certain.

This looks like a really cool Pokémon, can't wait to see it in 3D. :)

It's like Skyla as a pokemon. Cute.
    Berrenta likes this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

It looks like the sort of Pokemon that should evolve with a high Beauty rating. I really can't see how it could be any type other than normal, it doesn't have any obvious hints of anything else.

Blog Entries

Or it could evolve from a moon stone, perhaps. I'm guessing Normal-type as well, though Ninfia does sound kind of like 'Nymph', as in like a fairy, so I'll take an option out on flying type.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

I'm gonna say bug-type because of the butterfly-like ribbon thingies: give Eevee a ribbon, trade it away, evolves into Nynfeon.

Blog Entries

Hmm... I'm leaning toward either a Normal-type (judging by it's fairly plain coloring and design) or a Flying-type (due to above mentions of nimbus clouds and the butterfly-like ribbons). Though a Bug-type isn't impossible either, but it seems to lack Bug-type characteristics, the only thing I see are the butterfly ribbons that could possibly connected it to the Bug-type. Either way, it looks adorable. That rounds up the Eeveelutions to a grand total of eight. I wonder what it'll look like in 3D. Guess we'll know soon enough.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

I'm going for the Fighting type because I think that the prefix "Nin" might have been taken from the word "Ninja".
    A few related examples: Leafia, Glacia etc.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

My money's presently on flying type, due to the sky-blue eyes and assortment of floating/butterfly-shaped ribbons. If that turns out to be the case, then I'm glad that they went with a more interesting design than simply sticking a pair of eagle wings on its back (as I've seen done in countless fan art).

I think flying is indeed the most plausible, though I consider bug a possibility as well (large, round eyes, the butterfly shapes, the ribbons)
    It seems a bit too... decorated? to be a normal type

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I think it is going to be Normal-type, particularly because there's only one rather than two like usual.

Also, it would be pretty awesome if it was Nin for Nintendo.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I say Flying-type or Normal-type. To me the bows/feathers look like they could be used as wings.Also as someone above mentioned , the name might derive from nimbus cloud or maybe even nymph.
    Either way it's rather cute.

Blog Entries

I think its name came from nymph, not the myth one
    but another meaning:
    - young girl, especially one who inspires lustful feelings
    - (attractive young woman): lolita, nymphet, nymphette

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 16th February 2013, 01:07 AM
  2. 12th February 2013, 08:09 AM