New Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Wi-Fi tournament announced: All Star Cup to be held i - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Wi-Fi tournament announced: All Star Cup to be held i

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: New Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Wi-Fi tournament announced: All Star Cup to be he

Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The problem with Sandstorm teams is that too many of the Pokémon share common weaknesses, so they are easily countered. I can see Terrakion being a big threat to Kyurem though. I can see Trick Room being a real though.
    But that's one of the major advantages of playing with Sandstorm - you don't really need any SS specific Pokemon apart from Tyranitar and Excadrill to dominate. You can easily use the 4 remaining slots to cover the weakness of this duo. Thundurus (dat priority T-Wave), Scrafty (Fake Out) and similar will probably be the premier choices.
    Not really a good sandstorm team if only 2 Pokémon can exploit it though is it?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Wi-Fi tournament announced: All Star Cup to be he

This is why I have to rework my dream team, so it can survive Sandstorm teams, which are more common than any other other weather effects out there due to Tyranitar being the most used Pokemon in the series.

Also @Joshawott; I was using Garchomp as an example of the only Pokemon I see being given a berry by unofficial tournaments like Smogon because berries are rarely used by them as opposed to the VGC, which led me to believe that Smogon is the true way of how the game is played.

Blog Entries

This probably means that legendaries will be useable in VGC 2013, as was also done before in 2010 (albeit not for the event-exclusive legendaries). The only question is whether or not the Unova Pokédex restriction will be applied; it would be a step back from the diversity of this year's eligible Pokémon. Either way, using a B2W2 cartridge will probably be mandatory for arbitrary (promotional) reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    which led me to believe that Smogon is the true way of how the game is played.
    Obviously not in VGC or these official Wi-Fi tournaments. The site itself acknowledges that fact.
    Joshawott likes this.

Blog Entries

The problem with Sandstorm teams is that too many of the Pokémon share common weaknesses, so they are easily countered. I can see Terrakion being a big threat to Kyurem though. I can see Trick Room being a real though.
    But that's one of the major advantages of playing with Sandstorm - you don't really need any SS specific Pokemon apart from Tyranitar and Excadrill to dominate. You can easily use the 4 remaining slots to cover the weakness of this duo. Thundurus (dat priority T-Wave), Scrafty (Fake Out) and similar will probably be the premier choices.
    Why not? Is there a rule that says that Sandstorm team has to have at least X abusers in order to be classified as good? You don't have that many ways to exploit Sandstorm either way. SpDef boost on anything but Tyranitar is pretty negligible and the only good Sand Rush Pokemon is Excadrill (Stoutland pretty much sucks, while Sandslash is inferior to Excadrill and stacks additional Water/Grass weakness). And you can't really exploit the damaging effect of SS, unless you're crazy enough to run a stall team in Doubles (good luck with that).

Actually, one of the more popular team archetypes in this year's VGC 2012 format has been Tyranitar / Garchomp / Zapdos / Hitmontop / Metagross / Cresselia (or some slight variations of thereof). Notice how only two Pokemon technically abuse Sandstorm, while the rest is just a "supporting cast".
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Why not? Is there a rule that says that Sandstorm team has to have at least X abusers in order to be classified as good? You don't have that many ways to exploit Sandstorm either way. SpDef boost on anything but Tyranitar is pretty negligible and the only good Sand Rush Pokemon is Excadrill (Stoutland pretty much sucks, while Sandslash is inferior to Excadrill and stacks additional Water/Grass weakness). And you can't really exploit the damaging effect of SS, unless you're crazy enough to run a stall team in Doubles (good luck with that).

Actually, one of the more popular team archetypes in this year's VGC 2012 format has been Tyranitar / Garchomp / Zapdos / Hitmontop / Metagross / Cresselia (or some slight variations of thereof). Notice how only two Pokemon technically abuse Sandstorm, while the rest is just a "supporting cast".
    *Is reminded of Cresselia*
    *shudders*
    I raised a Scizor today just for that psychedelic duck xD

I wouldn't have called that a weather team in itself; with Tyranitar's Sand Stream mainly being there to disrupt any possible rain teams, as opposed to setting up its own strategy. One thing I noticed a lot in more recent battles is people replacing Garchomp with Latios anyway.

Genesect's typing and movepool should make it an absolute beast.
    I was thinking the exact same thing here, :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12th August 2012, 06:45 AM