New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

The newest movie trailer for Movie 16 has been released. Mewtwo changing into its new form in the anime is shown.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

I'm really starting to to buy into the new type theory for Sylveon.

Oh and Mewtwo. Still don't like the new form, but it looks better here than in the official art.

Default Re: New Movie 16 trailer released: Footage of Mewtwo changing into its new Form shown

Dude, the US youtube clip has the 3D option on it.

Blog Entries

As a douter I have to say the picture of the 8 eevees with sylveon in a pink egg shape does kind of suggest a wierd new type. Maybe mewtwos new form is that type too.

Oh and meowth love eyes for sylveon. That all but nails on its going to be a female only evo.

Why have they changed Mewtwo? That's a great shame! Not that the new design look bad, but what's wrong with the original Mewtwo? Not enough that they ruined the old ghost Pokemon from RGB, but they're doing this to Mewtwo? Don't change the old Pokemon, GF! Make new ones!

EDIT: Just realised, when watching the video, how much the artwork has changed since Mewtwo's first appearance. I guess this is because they have different artists for the different movies. This artist make Mewtwo look a bit younger.
    Last edited by Te-em; 18th April 2013 at 05:38 AM.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Add Roconza on Facebook
    Follow Roconza on Tumblr Visit Roconza's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    As a douter I have to say the picture of the 8 eevees with sylveon in a pink egg shape does kind of suggest a wierd new type. Maybe mewtwos new form is that type too.

Oh and meowth love eyes for sylveon. That all but nails on its going to be a female only evo.
    Two things put a hole in that theory.

1. It could just be a female sylveon.

2. Meowth has fallen for a male pokemon thinking it to be female.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That stupid Deerling can't decide where to jump...

I've always been pro on the new form of Mewtwo... But one thing that is really irking me is its voice.
    It's too feminine and caring... Something that I would relate more to an Espeon, perhaps.

Mewtwo should still be analytical and deep, even if the decades (no seriously, a decade has passed and Ash is still 10) have made Mewtwo more caring towards humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Night22Wing View Post
    I've always been pro on the new form of Mewtwo... But one thing that is really irking me is its voice.
    It's too feminine and caring... Something that I would relate more to an Espeon, perhaps.

Mewtwo should still be analytical and deep, even if the decades (no seriously, a decade has passed and Ash is still 10) have made Mewtwo more caring towards humanity.
    Mewtwo's voice is indeed deep and if I remember right, it also had some alien or metallic echo to it. GF shouldn't make changes to Mewtwo like this. They should make a new Pokemon. What they've done is disrespectful to the earlier part of series.

Couldn't listen very well to the voice in the video, but from the little I heard he sounds younger, and he also looks that way. Mewtwo always looked big and grown and with a deep voice, yes. It makes me wonder how these two can be the same. I find it rather confusing. What is GF trying to tell us with this?
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Add Roconza on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post

Mewtwo's voice is indeed deep and if I remember right, it also had some alien or metallic echo to it. GF shouldn't make changes to Mewtwo like this. They should make a new Pokemon. What they've done is disrespectful to the earlier part of series.

Couldn't listen very well to the voice in the video, but from the little I heard he sounds younger, and he also looks that way. Mewtwo always looked big and grown and with a deep voice, yes. It makes me wonder how these two can be the same. I find it rather confusing. What is GF trying to tell us with this?
    In the trailer Ash seem to recognize it was Mewtwo. I don't know if it could be a hint that it's the same mewtwo or that he already saw that mewtwo earlier in the movie. I was really to live and let die with the forme but the voice bothers me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so used to growing up with the first movie mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post
    Dude, the US youtube clip has the 3D option on it.
    That's because they're trying too fool everyone into thinking its just commercial-made footage of it changing form, so that no one in America will know that it's actual footage from the Genesect movie.
    G50 likes this.
    #PokemonXY 3DS XLs launch September 27th! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Roconza View Post
    In the trailer Ash seem to recognize it was Mewtwo. I don't know if it could be a hint that it's the same mewtwo or that he already saw that mewtwo earlier in the movie. I was really to live and let die with the forme but the voice bothers me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so used to growing up with the first movie mewtwo.
    I sincerely hope so.
    The concept of a second Mewtwo being created by Team Rocket is so incredibly inconsistent (but a new forme is unexplored territory, so is fine IMO)
    Surely, the various Mewtwo would have fought each other at the time of their birth, to vie for supremacy. They would have at least been mentioned in the first movie (though a fight between the two different formes would be cool)... Which we never saw.

It has to be the same Mewtwo. If not, I just won't take this movie seriously.

Blog Entries

Surely, the various Mewtwo would have fought each other at the time of their birth, to vie for supremacy.
    ... You are basing this off what, exactly?

Seriously, you all are grasping at straws to insist that there being another Mewtwo would make absolutely no sense.

Add Roconza on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Surely, the various Mewtwo would have fought each other at the time of their birth, to vie for supremacy.

Seriously, you all are grasping at straws to insist that there being another Mewtwo would make absolutely no sense.
    There is no need to devalue some ones opinions because you personally do not agree with them. Unless you have proof that says it is the same mewtwo you should keep a open mind to all possible scenarios. Nintendo has the power to make any thing happen even if it contradicts established facts. No one is safe from the plague that is retconing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roconza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

There is no need to devalue some ones opinions because you personally do not agree with them. Unless you have proof that says it is the same mewtwo you should keep a open mind to all possible scenarios. Nintendo has the power to make any thing happen even if it contradicts established facts. No one is safe from the plague that is retconing.
    Thank you.

YamiiDenryuu's comment was rash and grossly unnecessary.

With any other Pokemon, including legendaries, I'd agree that there remains the possibility for more than one.
    But Mewtwo was manmade. There was only one in the Lab when it exploded. It would make little sense if a second Mewtwo were being harboured in a different lab, far away.

I'm basing the concept of two Mewtwos fighting each other off of Mewtwo's initial actions in the first movie; he tested trainers to find the best "Pokemon Masters"... He wanted to find a match for him, in a sense.
    Who else would be a match for him... Than another Mewtwo?

If there existed another Mewtwo, IMO Mewtwo would have searched for the clone to fight or team up with. He wouldn't have just ignored that fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast