New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

Fliers and posters at the "Jisedai World Hobby Fair Winter 2011" has announced the publication for a new Pokémon manga.

Read more on Bulbanews

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audien

I'm now interested. Gonna have to work to top PokeSpe for me though.

Older audiences huh?

*thinks of the fanservice*

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audien

Looks good

I can't wait

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    *thinks of the fanservice*
    Not going be shocked if they published Hayate the Combat Butler and InuYasha in Shonen Sunday...

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Figures, just as I upload an image to put in the article, someone else does, and the article gets moved from being a draft xD

The protagonist looks traditionally Shonen-y, but the cast of characters in the image used in the article looks very interesting. I can imagine abilities like Blaze and Torrent working like Naruto's Demon Fox Mode or Ichigo's hollowfication xD

With something aimed at the older fans, Nintendo were probably going to get away with a manga more than an anime, because here, people have to specifically buy Shonen Sunday, whereas with anime, anyone can stumble upon it on TV, and parents will get mad.

Still, awesome news. Will keep my eyes on this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Looks cool I mean Pokespe n the other manga were goin' for a 6-15-y/old audience so I guess this one will be for a 13-19y/old audience. The heroe looks shonen like sharp eyes cool hair a burin' ready to take on life attitude.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Looks cool, I'm already looking forward to it. Seeing how I like Pokemon Special aimed for the children (which is badass and violent), I can't wait to see how will a manga aimed to teenagers turn out.

Blog Entries

That's convient it's n the same magazine as Kekkaishi n Inuyasha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    That's convient it's n the same magazine as Kekkaishi n Inuyasha.
    How is that convenient?

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Looks cool I mean Pokespe n the other manga were goin' for a 6-15-y/old audience so I guess this one will be for a 13-19y/old audience. The heroe looks shonen like sharp eyes cool hair a burin' ready to take on life attitude.
    Special is aimed at around 8-12.

I just hope this goes well, if so, it will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post

Looks good

I can't wait
    I was hoping of a series that would be on par with the games, but seeing Zekrom, this looks like another loose adaption... While not taken as given, it seems so at least, which is rather disappointing, as this is the fourth take on BW (albeit one of the other three is just a 33-page story) in a series other than Special and PM. That means there are totally 6 manga based on Black and White.

Why can't any author try to expand the Pokemon World rather than adapt games? That's not to say I'm prejudging any series, but this really bugs me when it comes to Pokemon manga. The only effort that seems possible to be taking place in the games' continuity is Kagemaru Himeno's 'How I Became a Pokemon Card'; logically enough, given that it's by a TCG artist. Maybe Miho Asada's series too, although we don't have enough material for his first work, so...

Anyway, I'll be looking on this. Maybe it will have something interesting to show, since it also introduces a new character. But I doubt this will be the treatment I've been waiting for in a Pokemon manga. :P

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Pocket Monsters Special has never run in CoroCoro Comics. I have no idea where the article is getting that from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Pokemaster
    While not taken as given, it seems so at least, which is rather disappointing, as this is the fourth take on BW
    Sixth, actually. There's Pocket Monsters Special, Anakubo Kousaku's Pocket Monsters BW Version, Master!! Pokemon Black & White, Pocket Monsters BW The Hero of Thunder and Fire, and Pocket Monsters Legendary Encounters. This Shonen Sunday series will be number six.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    How is that convenient?

Special is aimed at around 8-12.

I just hope this goes well, if so, it will be awesome.
    Covient it's runnin' with two very successful manga n Japan. The Electric Tales of Pikachu was made for 9-17y/olds.

Anyway I know this based on the game but like the guy above said it looks like a loose cannon legendary legendary strong poke beatin' eachother up thing I hope it can do it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Detective Conan (known as Case Closed outside of Japan)
    ...you might want to try "in English-language countries" for that. The series is called Detective Conan or some direct translation of that everywhere else.
    So.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Pocket Monsters Special has never run in CoroCoro Comics. I have no idea where the article is getting that from.
    Lots of different manga, lots of different magazines, lots of magazines owned by the same publisher...lots of head hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    ...you might want to try "in English-language countries" for that. The series is called Detective Conan or some direct translation of that everywhere else.
    Well, in Non-English speaking Everywhere else, and Bulbagarden is the English wikia - other places use PokéWiki etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post

Looks good

I can't wait
    Oh god, the hero is HOT. D8 I can't wait to learn more. And may this not disappoint me as Pokemon Special did. Dear god, talk about trying too hard with the drama and "maturity"...imo.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast